Social Media Policy
Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India is a new-age healthcare facility that engages with its patients, healthcare information seekers and the general public via a number of public platforms including but not limited to the online media, social media and the internet. Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India is a socially responsible & ethically vigilant healthcare facility and therefore encourages a measure of discretion, a sense of responsibility, a healthy mutual respect and overall restraint in all its social media interactions.
We encourage, our patients, healthcare seekers and members of the public at large to connect with the hospital and share their experiences without infringing on the sensibilities of others and engaging in any ad-homein or libellous statements. We welcome a healthy conversation, convergence & exchange of divergent views on our social media platforms, however guard against & actively discourage any irresponsible conversations. Such conversations, comments, statement, images etc., are liable to be removed and recommended for punitive action, as necessary.
Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India makes every effort to monitor our social media channels to remain open, accommodative and healthy. And towards this we encourage you to read and abide by our Social Media Policy guidelines:
- Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India reserves the ultimate right to edit or delete any comments or content deemed inappropriate. The following types of comments or content will be deleted by administrators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (racial-, ethnic- or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory comments (i.e., making negative personal comments about a fellow commenter) instead of just expressing a difference of opinion
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families
- Content that violates copyright or that may be confidential
- Spam or marketing-related comments
- Users of Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India’s social media platforms agree to abide by the Social Media Policies of the platform in question.
- Additionally, the users (by continuous usage of the platforms) agree not to post content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or threatening or abuse intellectual property rights on Global Hospital India’s social media profiles.
- Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any of your postings in its sole discretion. While Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate posted content, it does not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
- Please note that any information posted on any of our social media platforms should not be considered medical advice and should not replace a consultation with a health care professional.
- Participants will not evaluate, endorse or recommend any particular health care providers, medications or treatments. If you have questions about your health, please contact your health care provider.
- By submitting content to any Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India social media page (wall posts, comments, photos, links, etc.), you understand that this information is publicly available, and that Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India may use this information in staff, family and external publications and other communications. If you do not wish to have your information published, please do not post the information.
- Other participants on social media channels may use your posted content beyond the control of Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India. Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai India does not have the ability to monitor, intercept or otherwise remove your content from any web presence owned by another entity.
- Never disclose personal identifiable information such as your location, medical record number, financial information, or other private information.
- We do not entertain any requests on our social media channels from concerned individuals asking for information about a particular patient’s medical status. As an organization providing health care services, we are prevented by law from publicly providing any information about our patients, even if the information has already been disclosed by a patient’s parents, friends or family members
- While it may seem that, by not replying to comments left on our social media channels that the hospital is not being proactive in its approach to a patient’s care, the reality is that our clinical teams always partner closely with our patients and their families as part of their approach to care delivery. As part of our close partnership, we give families the luxury of updating their loved ones on their terms and in a manner that is convenient and comfortable for them.
We place an absolute priority on rigorously adhering to our discipline of preserving our patients’ privacy. This is a discipline that we carefully follow no matter how eager individuals may be to receive answers on social media.