Dr Milind Phadke
Qualification: MBBS, MD, DMBook an appointment
Dr Milind Phadke is an accomplished professional in the field of Cardiology. He specializes in performing procedures such as coronary angioplasties (PCI), complex coronary interventions, pediatric and adult congenital heart disease interventions, as well as valvular procedures like BMV, TAVR, etc.
Dr Phadke holds a unique distinction in the cardiology community of being able to handle a wide range of cardiac procedures – coronary, congenital, valvular as well as structural heart disease interventions. His special interests include non-surgical closure of congenital heart defects like ASDs, VSDs, PDAs, coarctoplasty, and stenting, as well as valvuloplasties. He is also keenly interested in echocardiography in adult as well as congenital heart disease.
Dr Phadke has been a University topper and Gold medallist at all the major qualifying examinations in his career – DM (Cardiology), MD (Medicine), as well as MBBS. He has more than 40 published articles in peer-reviewed national and international journals and has authored more than 10 book
He is a recognized teacher for the DM Cardiology course of the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) and has been an Examiner at the DM Cardiology and DNB Cardiology practical examinations at various Institutes. He participates in various teaching programs for DM/DNB Cardiology students all over India.
- Associated with Global Hospitals.
- Has previously worked at the Departments of Cardiology at KEM Hospital, Mumbai and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai.
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (Angioplasties)
- Complex Coronary Interventions – Rotablation, Bifurcation PCI, Left Main PCI, Coronary Imaging (IVUS, OCT) and Coronary Physiology
- Non-Surgical Catheter Based Procedures In Congenital Heart Disease in Adults and Children – Closure Of ASDs, VSDs, PDAs And Other Cardiac Shunts, Coarctation Stenting
- Non-Surgical Catheter Based Procedures In Valvular Heart Disease – Balloon Mitral, Aortic, Pulmonary, Tricuspid Valvuloplasties, TAVR (Non-Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement)
- Echocardiography In Ischemic, Structural, Congenital, and Valvular Heart Disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of Cardiomyopathies, Pulmonary Hypertension, Heart Diseases In Pregnancy, Heart Failure, Diabetes, and its Cardiac Manifestations, Preventive Cardiology And Risk Factor Management, Sports Cardiology and Athletic Screening
- Gold Medallist and University First Ranker at the final MBBS exam, University of Pune, 1999.
- Gold Medallist and University First Ranker at the MD (Medicine) Exam, University of Pune,
- January 2005.
- Gold Medallist and University First Ranker at the DM(Cardiology) Exam, University of
- Mumbai, August 2008.
- ‘More than 40 publications in peer reviewed national and international journals on a range of topics including ischemic heart disease, valvular and congenital heart disease and other areas of Cardiology.Some of them are –
- ‘Double Orifice Mitral Valve Associated With Bicuspid Aortic Valve’ published in The Journal of Heart Valve Disease, by Phadke MS, et al.
- ‘The Current Status Of Atenolol In Ischemic Heart Disease’ published in the Journal of the Association of Physicians of India, by Phadke M, et al.
- ‘An Experience Of Endocardial Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (EPPI) In Children’ published in the Indian Heart Journal, by Phadke M, et al.
- Authored more than 10 chapters in books or updates
- Co-editor of two books – Cases in Clinical Cardiology and Transcatheter ASD Closure (Currently nearing completion).