Dr Abhay Bhave
Department: Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MDBook an appointment
Dr Abhay Bhave is a proficient hematologist with around 29 years of experience. Known for his accuracy in diagnosis and treatment, he has an M.B.B.S and M.D from the reputed Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and has advanced training in hematology.
He has gained experience with a wide range of complex cases at the Department Of Hematology, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital in Muscat, Oman and at the Department Of Hematology, Westmead Hospital in Sydney, Australia. He has also worked extensively with the Australian Red Cross Blood Service, where he helped detect transfusion problems and blood product distribution in New South Wales. In this role, he coordinated blood supply for those in need, screened for safe blood and also worked with the National Red Cell and Serology laboratory.
Dr Bhave has conducted many Anemia Camps, Thalassaemia Detection Camps and given lectures on Blood Donation and Blood Cancer. He is a part of many organizations such as the Mumbai Haematology Group, the Indian Society Of Haematology And Blood, and others.
Besides being an adept hematologist, he is also a lecturer at leading colleges and universities in the city.
29 Years of Experience
Senior Consultant, Global Hospital, Mumbai
- July 1997 to February 2000
Registrar at Department Of Hematology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- April 1995 to April 1997
Registrar, Department Of Hematology, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital in Muscat, Oman
- August 1993 to August 1994
Registrar, Department Of Clinical Pathology, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, India
- August 1994 to February 1995
Registrar, Department Of Hematology, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, India
- July 1992 to July 1993
Registrar, Department Of Hematology, Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, India
- February 1991 to September 1991
Registrar, Department Of Respiratory Medicine, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College
- Won the Ekta Manch Award for Community Service in 2007
- Is the Chairperson for Lions Club Of Mumbai, Carter Road Branch for Hematology
- Guest Editor- Mahima, on Practical Hematology Topics
Dr. Abhay Bhave has 40 published articles in peer-reviewed national and international journals some of them are –
- ‘Low dose activated factor IX complex concentrates (FEIBA) for post-operative hemostasis in a patient with high responding factor VIII inhibitors’ published in Haemophilia, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Fatal Corynebacterium Jeikeium Infection in a bone marrow transplant recipient’ published in Inoculum, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Disseminated Nocardiosis in a bone marrow transplant recipient with chronic GVHD’ published in Bone Marrow Transplantation, A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Partitioning of complement factor H after preparation of cryoprecipitate and cryosupernate
from homologous fresh frozen plasma (FFP)’ published in Regional congress of the International Society of Blood Transfusion, Western Pacific Region, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘5 alpha-globin chain variants identified during screening for hemoglobinopathy’ published in European journal of Clinical Investigations, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Vitamin K2-7, a promising solution to peripheral neuropathy aroused due to multiple myeloma treatment’ published in The Indian Practitioner, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘A story of pancytopenia revealing stony bones’ published in JAPI, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Pandora’s box – multiple myeloma review’ published in Medical Journal D Y Patil University, Kolhapur, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Management of Venous Thromboembolism’ published in Venous Thromboembolism by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘6 Management of solitary plasmacytoma of spine’ published in J. Spinal Surg, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘7 Microcytic Hypochromic Anaemia in Sickle Cell Disease – Think Again!’ published in JAPI, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Balancing efficacy and bleeding risk in the prevention of stroke due to atrial fibrillation with newer oral anticoagulants’ published in the Indian Journal of Hematology and Transfusion medicine, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Complete remission of lambda light chain myeloma presenting with acute renal failure following treatment with bortezomib and steroids’ published in the Indian J Nephrol, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Refractory Anaemia in an Immunocompromised Patient – What is it?’ published in JAPI, by A Bhave, et al.
- ‘Warfarin Therapy – Why One Dose Does Not Fit All!’ published in JAPI, by A Bhave, et al.