Dr Abhay Dalvi
Department: General, Laproscopic and Minimal Access Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Surgery)Book an appointment
Dr Abhay Dalvi is a senior renowned GI, HPB, Endocrine surgeon with special interest in Minimal Access Surgery. Presently a Professor and In-Charge of Minimal Access Surgery at Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. With teaching and clinical experience of more than 36 years, Dr. Dalvi has been responsible for guiding new leaders in the field of surgery today!
Dr Dalvi is the President of the Association of Surgeons of India for the year 2021 (more than 26000 members), was the President of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES) in the year 2015 (more than 7000 members) and also on the Executive of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI). At International Level, He is member of the Society of American Gastroenterological Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and is on the board panel of the same. He is also active member of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA) having represented India as a member of the Board of Governors.
Dr Dalvi has been invited as Faculty at International and National Conferences in Minimal Access Surgery, notably Visiting Teacher to Mauritius in 2001, World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery to Berlin in 2006, Society of American Gastroenterological Endoscopic Surgeons in 2010. At present, he has been a reviewer for SAGES meeting videos since 3 years.
Dr Dalvi has delivered 16 Orations at National and State level. He has more than 50 indexed publications to his credit.
Having a huge experience in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy, hernia; Dr. Dalvi is known for his expertise nationwide in Adrenalectomy (highest in India – more than 400) and splenectomy (more than 150).
36+ Year of Experience
- Present :
Consultant, Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
Professor, Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital in Mumbai, In-charge, Minimal Access Surgery
- GI, HPB, Endocrine surgeon with special interest in Minimal Access Surgery
- President – Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) – 2021
- President – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES) 2015
- President – Maharashtra State Chapter of ASI – 2013
- 16 Orations at National and State levels
- International contribution as Teacher and Faculty presentations
- Dr Abhay Dalvi has published more than 50 articles in peer reviewed indexed journals (“pubmed” as “Dalvi AN” and “Dalvi Abhay”)