Dr Akash Shukla
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology)Book an appointment
Dr Akash Shukla is an internationally trained and renowned Gastroenterology doctor with over 12 years of professional experience.
Dr Shukla has done his M.B.B.S and D.M (Gastroenterology) from Seth G.S Medical College, K.E.M Hospital and M.D (Medicine) from TNMC & BYL Nair Hospital. After this, he received special training in liver transplant and hepatology from UPMC Pittsburgh in USA and Barcelona (Spain). He has also done vital biostatistics research courses from Harvard University and the University Of Berkeley.
He has done extensive work in the field of gastroenterology. His studies and research work have been published in several medical journals and has over 70 research publications to his credit. He’s also been a principal investigator in various clinical trials. He is also a Professor &Head, Department of Gastroenterology and has been invited to impart his knowledge by the European Association For Liver Diseases, Asia Pacific Association for the study of liver, Indian National Association For Liver.
12+ Years of Experience
- September 2012 to Present :
Senior Consultant Transplant Hepatology at Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai
- December 2019 to Present :
Professor & Head, Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G.S Medical College & K.E.M Hospital Parel, Mumbai
- February 2014 to August 2017 :
Additional Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G.S Medical College & K.E.M Hospital Parel, Mumbai
- May 2015 to September 2016 :
Visiting Honorary Consultant Hepatologist, Tata Memorial Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai
- February 2011 to February 2014 :
Associate Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G.S Medical College & K.E.M Hospital Parel, Mumbai
- Dec 2008 to February 2011 :
Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G.S Medical College & K.E.M Hospital Parel, Mumbai
- August 2008 to December 2008 :
Senior Resident, Department of Gastroenterology, Seth G.S Medical College & K.E.M Hospital Parel, Mumbai
- Transplant hepatology
- Liver transplant
- ERCP and narrow Band Imaging
- Plenary Award at Asia Pacific Association for study of liver meeting 2018.
- Best Young Gastroenterologist’s award GiftCon, Goa, 2017.
- International Achiever’s Award Dubai 2017.
- First prize at ISGCON 2010, 2012, 2014 (National Conference of Gastroenterology).
- Best Research Paper Award at INASL 2008 and EASL VALDIG at Switzerland 2016.
- ‘Fecograph: A Graphical Representation Of Daily Stool Forms To Subtype Irritable Bowel Syndrome In Office Practice’ published in JGH Open by Chirag Shah, Anumeet S Grover, Prashant Dhore, Akash Shukla, Philip Abraham, and Shobna J Bhatia.
- ‘Aspartate Transaminase To Platelet Ratio Index (APRI) But Not Fib-5 Or Fib-4 Is Accurate In Ruling Out Significant Fibrosis In Patients With Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) In An Urban Slum-dwelling Population’ published in BMJ Open Gastroenterol by Akash Shukla, et al.
- ‘Congenital Extrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts (Abernethy Malformation): An International Observational Study’ published in Hepatology by Akash Shukla, et al.