Dr Akshay Shah
Department: Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) and Medical Oncology
Qualification: MBBS, DNB, DNBBook an appointment
Dr Akshay Shah is a Consultant in Medical, Haemato-Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplants at Global Hospitals, Mumbai with 14 years of professional experience. In addition to DNB (Medical Oncology and Hematology), Dr Akshay Shah has a fellowship in Stem Cell Transplant from Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and the University of Washington Medical College.
Dr Shah underwent over three years of extensive training in stem cell and bone marrow transplants. Soon after his training, he began performing stem cell infusions and bone marrow harvests. During his residency, he was also trained to manage solid tumors and hematologic malignancies, along with general hematology.
He has assisted and performed over 130 transplants. He has also performed over 100 bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, lumbar puncture, intrathecal injections, pleurodesis, and intraperitoneal injections.
Dr Akshay Shah has attended several conferences, workshops, and seminars, such as the International Leukemia Conference, Annual Haematology Conference, Bone Marrow Transplant Conference, and many more.
14 Years of Experience
- December 2011 to Present :
Consultant in Medical, Paediatric and Haemato-Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplant at Global Hospitals, Mumbai& S. L. Raheja Hospital
- November 2006 to January 2010 :
Worked in the field of Oncology and Haematology at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center. Also worked in Stem Cell and Bone Marrow Transplants
- January 2005 to February 2005 :
- January 2003 to December 2005 :
Intensive Care and Cardiac Care Unit, Joshi Hospital
- Stem cell and bone marrow transplantation
- Acute myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, breast cancer, and ovarian & pediatric malignancies
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Bone Marrow Aspirations
- Bone Marrow Biopsies
- Lumbar Punctures
- Intrathecal Injections
- Ascitic Tapping
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Pleural Tapping
- Stein cell apheresis
- Weekly case discussions of solid tumours-like breast and lung carcinomas
- Weekly paper presentations on leukemias
- Weekly presentation on ongoing stem cell transplants
- Fortnightly discussion on lymphomas
- Daily ward and transplant rounds with bed-side case discussions and presentation