Dr Ameet Mandot
Designation: HOD - Clinical Lead Adult Hepatology & Liver Transplant
Qualification: MBBS, MD Internal Medicine, DNB Gastroenterology, Fellowship in Hepatology & Liver Transplantation
Dr Ameet Mandot is Senior Consultant – Clinical Lead Adult Hepatology & Liver Transplant. He comes with an experience of over 15 years. He has managed over 1000 liver patients with advanced liver diseases in ICU and ward. He is a National Gold Medalist in DNB-Gastroenterology. After completing his Gastroenterology he pursued advanced fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at Clichy Paris under the mentorship of globally renowned hepatologists Prof. Dominique Valla and Prof Francois Durand, He has worked with some of the prestigious institutes in Mumbai. His expertise lies in treating fatty liver disease and managing transplant patients both before and after transplantation from simple to complex Apart from being a clinician he is also passionate about teaching and was a Teacher and Academic In-charge in the department of Gastroenterology at Bombay Hospital. He has over 20 publications in indexed journals to his credits. He is also the Hon. Gastroenterologist to the Governor of Maharashtra.
- Dr Mandot was clinical fellow in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at Hospital Beaujon, Clichy, Paris, France which is one of the leading center for Hepatology in Europe.
- He has worked with Apollo Hospitals and Wockhardt Hospitals as Liver Transplant physician where he has managed simple to complex liver patients in pre-transplant and post-transplant stages.
- He was Gastroenterologist and Academic Head for Gastroenterology at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
- He is also the Gastroenterologist for Hon, Governor of Maharashtra
- Managing patients at all stages of Liver Disease ranging from simple to complex Liver Failure
- Treatment of Fatty Liver Diseases and Liver transplant patients, pre and post-transplant
- Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Liver Diseases
- National Gold medal for year 2007-2008 in Gastroenterology at DNB examination
- Associated as Honorary Consultant with Liver Transplant Program at Hinduja and Wockhardt Hospital in past and was part of team involved with first succesful Liver Transplant at public hospital in Mumbai
- Invited as faculty at Multiple City, State And National Conferences
- Appointed as academic Head Of DNB Gastroenterology Training Program at Bombay Hospital in 2017
- Appointed as Honorary Gastroenterologist to his excellency , Governor Of Maharashtra in 2019
- Gupta T, Mandot A, Desai D, Joshi A, P Abraham. Coeliac disease presenting as crisis in a young lady. Indian J Gastroenterol 2006; 25: 259-60. PMID: 17090849
- Mandot A, Kazi K, Gupta T, Desai D, Abraham P, Joshi A. Primary malignant melanoma of the right colon. Indian J Gastroenterol 2006; 25: 96-97
- PMID 16763343
- Gupta T, Agarwal D, Mandot A, Desai D, Joshi A, Abraham P Cytomegalovirus involving gastric antrum in immunocompromised hosts: a report of 5 cases. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005; 24(6): 258-60. PMID: 16424624
- Mandot A, Gupta T, Abraham P, Joshi AG, Desai DC. An overtube is not required for reducing post-PEG peristomal infection. Gastrointest Endosc. 2005; 62(5):821. PMID: 16246714
- Gupta T, Mandot A, Desai D, Joshi A, P Abraham, Shah S. Comparison of 2 schedules of bowel preparation for colonoscopy: morning versus evening. Endoscopy. 2007 Aug;39(8):706-9
- Francoz C, Belghiti J, Castaing D, Chazouillères O, Duclos-Vallée JC, Duvoux C, Lerut J, Le Treut YP, Moreau R, Mandot A, Pageaux G, Samuel D, Thabut D, Valla D, Durand F. Liver Transpl. 2011 Oct;17(10):1137-51 : Model for end-stage liver disease exceptions in the context of the French model for end-stage liver disease score-based liver allocation system.
- Francoz C, Prié D, Abdelrazek W, Moreau R, Mandot A, Belghiti J, Valla D, Durand F. Liver Transpl. 2010 Oct;16(10):1169-77 : Inaccuracies of creatinine and creatinine-based equations in candidates for liver transplantation with low creatinine: impact on the model for end-stage liver disease score.
- Study and comparison of metabolic profile of lean and obese subjects NAFLD, JAPI, AUG 2020
- Outcome of primary Hepatic Neuroendocrine Tumours , SEPT 2019, JCEH
- Do additional Colonic Biopsies increase yield of MTB in IC TB, JULY 2018, IJG
- How common is HNPCC, NOV 2006, JGH