Dr Ameet Valia
Qualification: MBBS, Diploma in Dermatology, MD
Dr Ameet Valia is a dermatologist associated with Global Hospitals since 2016.
He received his MBBS degree in 1984 and diploma in dermatology from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals in 1986, and his MD (Dermatology) degree from the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, in 1989. After having worked as a Lecturer in the Department of Dermatology, LTMM
College and General Hospital, Mumbai (1990-1991), he has been practising as a consultant dermatologist since 32 years. He has been attached to the Dept of Dermatology, Mumbai Port Trust Hospital, Sir HN Hospital and Hindu Sabha Hospital.
He has edited the first three editions of a postgraduate textbook, the ‘IADVL Textbook of Dermatology’ (1996-2009), and a quarterly bulletin for dermatologists, ‘What’s New in Dermatology, STDs and Leprosy?’, since 1993. He has also been on the editorial board of several journals. He has been an invited speaker and has helped organize some national and international conferences.
32 Years of Experience
- Consultant – Dermatology at Global Hospital Parel Mumbai
- Consultant at Mumbai Port Trust Hospital
- Consultant at Sir HN Hospital
- Consultant at Hindu Sabha Hospital
- Editor. What’s New in Dermatology, STDs and Leprosy? (a quarterly bulletin for dermatologists) (from 1993).
- Editor. IADVL Textbook of Dermatology. 1st-3rd editions. Mumbai: Bhalani Publishing House; 1996-2009.
- Editor. Lichen planus. New Delhi: Jaypee; 2013.
- Editor. Update in Dermatology. Mumbai: Bhalani Publishing House; 1998.