Dr Devesh Dholakia
Department: Spine Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MSBook an appointment
Dr Devesh Dholakia is an Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon who’s been associated with Global Hospitals, Mumbai. He is one of the top spine surgeons in the city of Mumbai and is trusted by patients not only in India but also from Africa and the Middle East. He believes in giving better and safer spine care through innovation and makes sure to opt for non-operative options first.
Dr Dholakia received his higher medical training from some of the most prestigious international medical institutions such as National University Hospital (Singapore), Cedars Sinai Hospital (Los Angeles), Children’s Hospital and Health Center (San Diego), Barrow Neurological Institute (Phoenix), Twin Cities Spine Centre (Minneapolis), Los Angeles Spine Surgery Institute (Los Angeles) and SRH Klinikum Karlsbad Langensteinbach (Germany), thus acquiring a cumulative global experience.
He’s a recipient of the Wockhardt Fellowship in Spine, recipient of the IGOF Fellowship to Germany, and a Fellow of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – Spinal Division, National University Hospital, Singapore. He also received a Preceptorship in Spinal Surgery at U.S.A and has been trained in Spinal Surgery at Dept. of Neurosurgery, L.T.M.C, Mumbai.
He is highly experienced when it comes to performing the latest and technologically advanced procedures such as LISS, MISS, Nonfusion technique/motion preservation spinal surgery, advanced spinal surgery, etc.
His papers have been published in several renowned national and international medical journals. He has also been invited as a delegate and a speaker at many conferences in India and overseas.
24 Years of Experience
Consultant, Spine Surgery at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- Lecturer at K.E.M. Hospital Mumbai
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Endoscopic discectomy for Acute Disc Prolapse and Lumbar Canal Stenosis surgery
- Minimally Invasive TLIF and Spinal Fusion with Percutaneous Pedicle Screw Fixation
- Vertebral Augmentation Techniques: Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty – a minimally invasive technique for vertebral compression fractures from either Osteoporosis or Tumor Infiltration
- Infection – Tuberculosis spine when it requires surgery
- Percutaneous Spinal Biopsies for diagnosing various pathologies
- Pain Clinic: Epidural and Nerve Root Blocks for Sciatica, Facet Joint blocks, Neuroablation
- Revision Spine Surgery – for patients who have not benefitted from the previous surgery
- Spinal Arthroplasty – cervical disc replacement
- Dynamic Stabilisation of Spine: the new concept in motion preservation surgery
- Deformity Correction for Adolescent and Adult Kyphoscoliosis and Degenerative Scoliosis
- Tumor Surgery for Primary and Metastasis
- Won the Best Paper award in Orthopaedic Association Conferences on two occasions.