Dr Gaurav Chaubal
Department: HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant
Designation: Director – Liver, Pancreas, Intestine Transplant Program & HPB Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MS(General Surgery), MCh (Surgical Gastroenterology) AIIMS- Delhi, Fellowship in Abdominal Transplant Surgery, Duke University Medical Hospital, USA
Dr Gaurav Chaubal is Director – Liver, Pancreas, Intestine Transplant Program & HPB Surgery. He comes with an experience more than a decade of experience in liver transplants to his credits. He has several firsts to his recognitions in Maharashtra, that include Pancreas Transplant, Adult Dual Lobe Living Donor Liver Transplant, Deceased and Living Donor Small Intestinal Transplant, Simultaneous Pancreas Kidney Transplant, Auxiliary Liver Transplant for Paediatric Acute Liver Failure and Monosegment Graft Transplant for Paediatric Transplants for Infants. Being a gold medalist in MS General Surgery and Mch from AIIMS, New Delhi, he holds a fellowship in Multi- organ Abdominal Transplant surgery from Duke University and GI surgical oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital. He is trained in Liver Surgery at Seoul National University and Samsung Medical Centre, South Korea.
- Dr Chaubal led the Abdominal Transplantation program and HPB Surgery as Chief Surgeon at Jupiter Hospitals, (Thane & Pune) where he has performed large number of Abdominal organ transplants.
- He was a Consultant for Liver Transplantation & HPB Surgery at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai where he has been the integral part of first 250 Liver Transplants.
- He was a fellow in Abdominal Transplant Surgery at Duke University Medical Hospital, USA also GI & HPB Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Cadaveric and Living donor Abdominal Organ Transplants – Liver, Kidney, Pancreas & Intestine (Adult, Paediatric)
- Simultaneous Liver, Kidney, Pancreas Transplants
- Small Intestine & multivisceral Transplants
- Complex Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgeries Complex Abdominal cancer surgery (Liver tumors, CA Gall bladder, Bile duct injury & cancer, Pancreatic tumors)
- Liver resections for Hepato-Cellular Cancer
- Peri-hilar cholangiocarcinoma
- Indian Society of Organ
- Transplantation (ISOT)
- American Society of Transplant
- Surgeons (ASTS)
- Intraabdominal Approach During Donation-After-Cardiac Death Procurement May Offer a Simpler and Faster Way to Achieve Thoracic Aorta Cross Clamp I J Graham, Gaurav Patel, Yoshifumi Miura, Milan Kinkhabwala and J Rocca I Ochsner Journal I 2019 Spring; 19(1):2.
- Dapsone-Induced Methemoglobinemia in Two Renal Transplant recipients I J Torabi, A Campbell, G Nair, Gaurav Patel, Y Miura, J Graham I Progress in transplantation I 2019 Sep;29(3):289-290.
- Transplantation of Hepatitis C Virus Positive Donor Kidneys into Hepatitis C Negative Older Recipients I Gaurav Patel, J Rocca, J Torabi…., E Akalin, J Graham I presented at MMC Research Day I June 2019.
- Refractory ascites and Hepatic hydrothorax in a Post Liver Transplant Patient associated with Sinusoidal Obstruction I Gaurav Patel, P Modi, V Sutariya, V Patel I Presented at ISOT conference I Chandigarh 2016.
- Simultaneous Liver and Kidney Transplantation: A single Center Experience I Gaurav Patel, P Modi, V Sutariya, V Patel I Presented at ISOT conference I Chandigarh 2016.
- Etiology, Age and Sex Distribution, Investigations and Treatment of Gallstone Pancreatitis I N Naik, Gaurav Patel, H Parmar I International Achieves of Integrated Medicine I Jan 2016; 3(1).
- Rapunzel Syndrome: Surgical Management of Neuropsychiatric Disorder I Gaurav Patel, R Surela, R Patel I Medical Journal of D Y Patil University I Nov 2015;8: 813-5.
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Protocols: A Paradigm Shift in Perioperative care and breaking our practice norms I Gaurav Patel, S Patel I International Journal of Scientific Research I Sept 2014; 3(9): 355-357.