Dr Gireesh Warawdekar
Department: Interventional Radiology
Qualification: MBBS, DMREBook an appointment
Dr Gireesh Warawdekar is a Consultant, Interventional Radiology. After completing his MBBS, he completed his post graduate DMRE course from Bombay Hospital, Mumbai. He has been practicing Interventional Radiologist for 24 years. Dr. Warawdekar has done 15,000 angiographies and 5,000 Vascular Interventions, 8,000 non vascular interventions since the last two decades.
30 Years of Experience
Consultant – Interventional Radiologist at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
Consultant Vascular & Interventional Radiologist at Holy Family Hospital
Consultant Vascular & Interventional Radiologist at Lilavati Hospital
Consultant Vascular & Interventional Radiologist at Cumballa Hill Hospital
Consultant Vascular & Interventional Radiologist at Breach Candy Hospital
Consultant Vascular & Interventional Radiologist at L.H.Hiranandani Hospital
- First to perform Fallopian Tube Recanalisation procedure in Mumbai 1992. Done over 800 FTR procedures till date.
- First to perform Carotid stenting in Mumbai 1996. Performed over 500 carotid stentings since.
- First to perform Trans-jugular liver biopsies in Mumbai 1998. Done over 200 procedures till date.
- First to perform Stent graft for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms in Mumbai 1998. Performed 250-300 procedures till date.
- First to perform intra-cranial stenting in India January, 2002.
Done about 35 to date
- Approved Panel Physician by Boston Scientific for “Carotid Angioplasty Center of Expertise” (CACE) Program, Sept. 2000.
- First to start Endoscopic Ultrasound in Mumbai at Bhatia General Hospital October 1998.
- Performed more than 10,000 hepato-biliary interventions over the last one decade.
- Performed over 20,000 diagnostic and vascular interventional procedures to date.
- 12 Publications in National and 3 in International Journals.
- Contributed chapters in 3 textbooks.