Dr Hunaid Hatimi
Department: HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant
Designation: Senior Consultant - Liver, Pancreas and Intestine Transplant & HPB Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MS, DNB, MCh (GI Surgery), Fellowship in HPB Surgery & Liver TransplantBook an appointment
Dr Hunaid Hatimi, is Senior Consultant – Liver, Pancreas and Intestine Transplant & HPB Surgery who comes with over 7 years of experience in the field of Gl and HPB Surgery and Liver transplantation. He has been trained in T.N. Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Ch. Hospital, Mumbai, and King George Medical University, Lucknow for his further academics in Gl and HPB surgery. Subsequently he completed his fellowship in HPB & Liver Transplantation in Gleneagles Global Hospitals which is the leader in Liver transplantation in Western India. He has keen interest in HPB & Liver transplantation, HPB Oncology and Surgical Gl. He has been an integral part of the team that performed several firsts in Western India namely Living Donor Paediatric Small Intestine Transplant, Simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas Transplant and Small Bowel Transplant. His special interest lies in Cadaveric and Living donor liver transplantation and Complex HPB surgeries.
- Dr Hatimi has worked as Consultant, Multi-organ Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Jupiter Hospitals, Thane.
- He has worked as Fellow, HPB surgery & Liver Transplantation at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
- Cadaveric and Living donor liver transplantation
- Small Intestinal transplant
- Multi-visceral Transplantation
- Complex Hepato – Pancreato Biliary surgeries
- Liver resections for Hepato Cellular Cancer
- Awarded ‘Best Resident Award’ at T. N. Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital in 2012
- Travel Scholarship from IHPBA (Indian Chapter) in 2011 for Asia Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Conference, Australia 2011
- Scholarship from JRD Tata Trust for academic excellence during the undergraduate education.
- Awarded Maharana Fateh Singh Award for academic excellence at the CBSE 12th examination in 2001
- Vishal Gupta, Abhijit Chandra, Hunaid Hatimi, Saket Kumar, Rahul R, Prabhu Singh. Management of Post Cholecystectomy Double Trouble: Bile duct Injury with Incidental Carcinoma Gall Bladder. Indian Journal of Surgery. January 2018.
- Chetan Kalal , Akash Shukla, Mihir Vora , Hunaid Hatimi, Amit Maydeo. Danis Ella Stent Placement in the Management of a Lower End Esophageal Bleeding in a Post Liver Transplant Patient: A Case Report. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.
- Chetan Kalal , Hunaid Hatimi, Ravi Mohanka. Reconstruction of Anomalous Portal Venous Branching in Right Lobe Living Donor Liver Transplantation and Portal vein thrombosis. Liver Transplantation. July 2017. DOI: 10.1002/lt.24852
- Vishal Gupta, Hunaid Hatimi, Saket Kumar , Abhijit Chandra. Laparoscopic Heller’s Myotomy for Achalasia Cardia: One-Time Treatment in Developing Countries? Indian Journal of Surgery. 2016 May. Doi: 10.1007/s12262-016-1496-8.
- Manoj K, Hatimi H, Kumar P, Chandra A, Sankhwar SN, Kumar S, Kohli N. An innovative modification of sandwich embolization technique for simultaneous management of ruptured pseudoaneurysm of branch of splenic artery and hypersplenism syndrome. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2015 Mar;34(2):178-81. doi: 10.1007/s12664-015-0546-7. Epub 2015 Apr 23.
- Hatimi Hunaid, Kumar Saket, Chandra Abhijit, Gupta Vishal. Pouch Pseudoaneurysm: A Rare Cause of Recurrent Hemorrhage following Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis. BMJ Case Reports. In Press. 2017
- Noushif M, Chandra A, Gupta V, Kumar S, Rahul R, Hatimi H. Spontaneous erosion of peripancreatic catheter into the duodenum: an unforeseen complication of percutaneous drainage. Hepatobiliary Surg Nutr. 2016 Jun;5(3):273-4. doi: 10.21037/hbsn.2016.03.01.
- Singh R, Joshi S, Hatimi H, Somani P, Rath P, Joshi RM. Rectal fistula due to ovarian teratoma. Endoscopy. 2012;44 (2) UCTN:E260. doi: 10.1055/s-0032-1309394. Epub 2012 Jul 13.