Dr Jashan Vishwanath
Department: Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)Book an appointment
Dr Jashan Vishwanath is an Orthopedic Surgeon with over 24 years of professional experience and is one of the leading Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon in Mumbai. He is internationally trained and has been associated with some of the top hospitals and medical institutions of Singapore including the National University Hospital and Singapore General Hospital.
He specializes in primary knee replacements, complex primary knee replacements, revision knee replacements, osteotomies around the knee, knee arthroscopy & ligament reconstructions and Complex trauma around the knee.
In addition to knee replacement surgeries, Dr Vishwanath also has a keen interest in joint preservation surgeries. He also has vast experience in performing hip procedures such as primary total hip, hip revision surgeries, and complex trauma surgeries. He has mastered the minimally invasive carpal tunnel decompression surgery under local anesthesia. He has performed more than 2500 successful joint replacement surgeries to date.
Dr Vishwanath has been practicing orthopedics for approximately 25 years and has been trained internationally. He did his postgraduation in Orthopaedics from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi. He is Fellowship trained at the Inselspital, Switzerland & National University Hospital, Singapore. He is one of the very few Fellowship trained joint replacement Surgeons in Mumbai.
He has a number of publications in peer-reviewed national and international orthopedic journals such as the Journal of Arthroplasty and more.
24 Years of Experience
Consultant, Department of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement, Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- October 2006 to October 2007
Clinical Associate, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Singapore General Hospital
- November 2004 to May 2006
Clinical Fellow in Adult Reconstruction (Joint Replacements), Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National University Hospital, Singapore
- May 2003 to November 2004
Independent Individual Private Practice, New Delhi
- May 2002 to May 2003
Honorary Fellow in Adult Reconstruction (Joint Replacements), Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National University Hospital, Singapore
- Awarded a two-month fellowship by the Synos Foundation in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland.
- ‘Olecranon Traction Using A Recycled Plate: A New Technique For Supracondylar Humeral Fractures’ published in INJURY, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘The Ilizarov Method In Infected Non-union Of Fractures’ published in INJURY, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘A Rare Dislocation Of The Midfoot: A Case Report’ published in The Journal Of Foot Surgery, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘An Unusual Dislocation Of The Foot’ published in the Postgraduate Medical Journal, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘Isolated IIIA Fracture Of The Coronoid Process Of Ulna’ published in Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘Incidence Of Deep Vein Thrombosis In Patients With Fractures Around The Hip Joint: A Prospective Study’ published in the Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.
- ‘Vesico – Hip Fistula From Bladder Puncture With Subsequent Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty’ published in the Journal of Arthroplasty, by Jashan Vishwanath, et al.