Dr Jignesh Gandhi
Department: General, Laparoscopic and Minimal Access Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MS, DNBBook an appointment
Dr Jignesh Gandhi has around two decades of experience as a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon. He has successfully performed more than 400 Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repairs (TEP technique), over 400 Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repairs, and over 500 Inguinal and Open Ventral Hernia Repairs. He has also performed the Composite Separation Technique for Large Ventral Hernia: Open/Endoscopic by TAR Technique.
He’s had an impeccable academic record and received several awards and prizes for his excellent academic performance. His educational achievements include receiving the 1st prize and a gold medal at M.S (Surgery) exams, university prize for securing 5th Rank in final M.B.B.S, receiving the 2nd prize at the Best Paper Session at MASICON 1998, and many more.
While Dr Gandhi has helped relieve ailments of many patients, he is also a member of several prestigious societies including the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES).
He is also an Editor – Hernia section for a journal of minimal access surgery.
22 Years of Experience
- Senior General & Laparoscopic Surgeon in Fortis Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- Clinical Associate with Dr Narendra Mehta
- Consultant at BARC Hospital
- Associate Professor & Unit Head at KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repairs
- Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repairs
- Inguinal and Open Ventral Hernia Repairs
- Composite Separation Technique for Large Ventral Hernia
- Robotic Surgery (Gastrointestinal & Hernia)
- 1st prize in the subject of Microbiology at the university level
- Runner up in All India Paediatrics Quiz at Pune, 1993
- University Prize for securing 5th Rank in Final M.B.B.S
- 1st prize and Gold Medal at M.S (Surgery) Exams, 1998
- 2nd prize at the Best Paper Session at MASICON 1998
- Several Natinal & International peer reviewed journals.