Dr Khushboo Dharmani
Qualification: MBBS, MD, DNB, FIACTA, FTEEBook an appointment
Dr Khushboo Dharmani is a highly trained and skilled anesthesiologist in Cardiac Anaesthesia Department of Global Hospitals. She has independently conducted anesthesia for various kinds of surgical procedures such as Cardiac surgeries, neurosurgery, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatric surgery, renal transplants, urologic procedures, etc.
She is skilled in OPCAB management, putting IABP support, and managing such patients in the postoperative period. She has also done valve replacement and valve repairs. So far, her team and she have done more than 5000 complex congenital heart surgeries with a mortality rate of 4-5%. About 40% of our cases have been neonates – mostly arterial switches, B-T shunts, etc.
She can skillfully cannulate the radial artery for most of the patients including neonates and infants. She is skilled to do internal jugular vein cannulation, as well. As a part of the postoperative management she has dealt with issues like neonatal sepsis, neurological issues like seizures, arrhythmia management difficult airways, fiberoptic management of lung collapses, pulmonary hypertensive crisis, etc successfully with least mortality.
She has actively pursued blood conservation techniques like ANH. Apart from this, she has also actively trained anesthesia technicians for the shifting of critically ill patients like open chest patients from OT to ICU and vice versa.
- Present :
Consultant, Cardiac Anaesthesia at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- Anesthesia for all kinds of surgical procedures
- Peri-Operative Trans Esophageal Echocardiography
- Thoracic Echocardiography
- Securing central venous catheter, pulmonary arterial catheter, Invasive arterial lines
- Use of various ventilation modes
- Stood 1st in Maharashtra state exams of Cardiac Anaesthesia Fellows including DM, FNB, FIACTA held at KEM hospital.
- Scored distinction in final MD Exams and 1st class throughout all MBBS courses.
- Received the first prize in Medanta – Case Report Presentation, 2019.
- ‘Role Of Intraoperative Dexamethasone With Propofol To Improve Outcome After Laproscopic Surgeries’.
- ‘Immediate And Short Term Outcomes Of Total Anomalous Pulmonaryvenous Connection Repair At A Quaternary Care Centre In India’.
- ‘Comparison Of Intrathecal Dexmedetomidine Vs Fentanyl Vs Midazolam In Lower Limb Orthopaedic Surgical Procedures’
- ‘Valve In Valve Strategic Management Of Papilary Muscle Rupture In Current Era! A Case Report’.