Dr Mita Shah
Qualification: MBBS, D. Diabetology
Dr Mita Shah is a Consultant Diabetologist at Global Hospitals with a professional experience of 33 years.She did her Research Fellowship at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA and after returning to India, she has carried out many clinical research activities. She is also the Trustee of Narmada Kidney Foundation, an NGO that strives to create awareness about diabetes and prevention of diabetic kidney disease, other kidney diseases and organ donation.
33 Years of Experience
- Consultant Diabetologist at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Research Fellowship at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. (1985-86)
- Reversal of diabetes by diet and exercise.
- Ambulatory glucose monitoring for control of diabetes and prevention of diabetes related complications
- Use of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP 1 analogues for management of obesity and diabetes.
- ‘Efficacy and Safety Of Gliptins In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus And Chronic Kidney Disease’ published in Journal Of Renal Nutrition And Metabolism.
- ‘Successful Outcome Of Transplanting A Kidney From A HCV-positive Deceased Donor Into A Diabetic HCV-negative Recipient’ published in the Indian Journal of Transplant.
- ‘Diabetes and Kidney’ published in GP clinics.
- ‘Efficacy and Safety Of Canagliflozin In Kidney Transplant Patients’ published in the Indian Journal of Nephrology.
Presentations at Zonal and National scientific meetings-
- Recovery from post-transplant diabetes mellitus (PTDM) after renal transplant
- Use of ambulatory glucose profile (AGP) for prevention and treatment of diabetic nephropathy
- Outcome of kidney transplant in diabetic patients with End Stage Kidney Disease (ESRD)
- Efficacy and safety of GLP-1 analogue in diabetic Kidney Transplant patients
- Comparing outcome of kidney transplant in non-diabetic, in those who develop new onset diabetes after transplant (NODAT) and in diabetic subjects