Dr Nilesh Satbhai
Department: Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery
Designation: Senior Consultant & Head of Department
Qualification: MBBS, MS, MCh
Dr Nilesh Satbhai is an Internationally trained Plastic Surgeon with more than 10 years of experience. He completed his Plastic Surgery traning from prestigious Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai. After which he went on to earn his fellowship in various sub-fields.
- Fellowship in Hand & Microsurgery – Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore (under Dr. S. Raja Sabapathy)
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery, Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Surgery – Ogori Daiichi General Hospital, Yamaguchi, Japan (under Prof. Kazuteru Doi)
- APSI Traveling Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery – Chang Gung Medical Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan (under Dr. Fu Chan Wei and Dr. David Chuang)
Dr Satbhai is also part of valued organizations
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) – Executive Council Member
- Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand (ISSH) – Executive Council Member
- Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ISRM) – Executive Council Member
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (AAPS) – Founder Member
- National Academy of Burns, India (NABI), and others.
10 Years of Experience
- Senior Consultant & Head of Department, Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- Honorary Consultant – Paediatric Plastic Surgery – Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Parel, Mumbai
- Hand Surgery – Trauma, Reconstruction, Transplantation
- Brachial Plexus Reconstruction
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Robert Acland S&T Overseas Travelling Fellowship (2019) – Awarded by the Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand (ISSH)
- R. G. Saraiya International Travelling Fellowship (2014) – Awarded by the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- Best Paper Award (2008) at the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- McNeal Award for the Best Audio-Visual Presentation
- Best Resident (2007) in the Department of General Surgery, LTM Medical College and LTMG Hospital, Sion, Mumbai
- Satbhai NG, Doi K, Hattori Y, Sakamoto S. Functional Outcome and Quality of Life recovery in Traumatic Total Brachial Plexus Injury using Nerve Transfers, Single and Double Free Muscle Transfers: A Comparative Study. The Bone and Joint Journal 2016 Feb; 97-B: 209-17.
- Hattori Y, Doi K, Sakamoto S, Satbhai N, Kumar KK. Pedicled vascularised fibular grafting in a flow-through manner for reconstruction of infected non-union of the tibia with preservation of the peroneal artery: a case report. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2015 Apr; 23(1): 111-5.
- Satbhai NG, Doi K, Hattori Y, Sakamoto S. Restoration of Prehensile Function for motor paralysis in Hopkins Syndrome: Case report. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Feb; 39(2):312-6.
- Sabapathy SR, Satbhai NG. Microsurgery in the urgent and emergent management of the hand. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2014 March;7(1):40-6.
- Satbhai NG, Doi K, Hattori Y, Sakamoto S. Contralateral lower trapezius transfer for restoration of shoulder external rotation in traumatic brachial plexus palsy: a preliminary report and literature review. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2014 Oct; 39(8): 861-7.
- Hattori Y, Doi K, Sakamoto S, Satbhai NG. Complete Avulsion of Brachial Plexus with associated Vascular Trauma: Feasibility of Reconstruction using Double Free Muscle Technique. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Dec; 132(6): 1504-12.
- Hattori Y, Doi K, Sakamoto S, Satbhai N. Anatomical variations in branching patterns of the axillary artery: A multidetector-row computed tomography angiography study. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2013 Oct; 29(8): 531-6.
- Kazuteru Doi, Yasunori Hattori, Sotetsu Sakamoto, Chaitanya Dodakundi, Nilesh G. Satbhai, Tristram Montales. Current Procedure of Double Free Muscle Transfer for Traumatic Total Brachial Plexus Palsy. JBJS Essential Surgical Technique. 2013 Aug 28; 3(3): e16 1-11.