Dr Pravin H Taware
Designation: Consultant Pulmonary Medicine, Interventional pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
Qualification: MBBS,MD,EDARM,DPSM,Fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology
Dr. Pravin H Taware is a highly skilled Consultant Pulmonologist at Global Hospital, Mumbai, specializing in Interventional Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine. With a deep dedication to patient care, he has been serving in the field of Pulmonology since 2019.
Education and Training: Dr.Pravin H Taware completed his MBBS degree from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital (LTMGH), Sion, Mumbai. His passion for Pulmonary Medicine led him to pursue MD in Pulmonary Medicine from the esteemed institution of Maharashtra, KEM Hospital, Mumbai. Driven by a quest for specialized knowledge, he further honed his skills with a Fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology from Coimbatore, India. Additionally, he holds a diploma in Pediatric Sleep Medicine from Shishuka Institute, Bangalore, in collaboration with the University of Colorado.
Dr. Pravin is also an esteemed member of various medical societies such as Indian Association for Bronchology, World Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, Chest Council of India, European Respiratory Society and more.
5 Years of Experience
- Present: Consultant Pulmonary Medicine, Interventional pulmonology, Sleep Medicine at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- 2019 to 2020 : Assistant Professor, LTMGH, Sion,Mumbai
- 2020 to 2022: Consultant Pulmonologist at BKC COVID Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Taware’s expertise lies in the comprehensive management of various respiratory disorders. He has a keen interest in treating Tuberculosis, Sleep Medicine, and Interventional Pulmonology. His specialized training in Interventional Pulmonology equips him to perform advanced procedures like bronchoscopy, EBUS, Rigid bronchoscopy,Airway Stenting, thoracoscopy etc for ensuring accurate diagnoses and effective treatments for his patients.
- Respiratory disorders
- Tuberculosis MDR TB
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound guided bronchoscopy
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Thoracic ultrasound procedures
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Thoracoscopy
- Sleep disorders
- Intercostal drain insertions
- Pulmonary function test
- Sleep study
- Awarded for Best Paper in BRONCOCON 2023
- Awarded for Best Poster in BRONCOCON 2023
- Challenges in Bronchoscopic Management of Aspirated Sapota Seed in Adults: A Single-Center Experience of 5 Cases
- A Single-Center Experience of Day Care Thoracoscopy in Undiagnosed Exudative Pleural Effusions and its Outcomes