Dr Rajesh Kumar
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Dermatology and Venereology), FAAD, MISDBook an appointment
Dr Rajesh Kumar is a celebrated dermatologist with over 25 years of experience. He’s highly skilled and internationally trained. He received his MD degree from AIIMS, New Delhi, considered to be the best in the country. Along with his MBBS and MD degrees, he has done his Fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery and Lasers from the Northwestern University, Chicago, USA.
He is an Associate Professor at Grant Medical College, Mumbai. He is an Honorary Police Surgeon (dermatologist) associated with Nagpada Police Hospital and an Honorary Dermatologist to the governor of Maharashtra.
He has published several papers in various esteemed medical journals and has presented papers in local,national, and international conferences. Recently, Dr Kumar presented two research papers at the International Investigative Dermatology Conference, Kyoto, Japan where he received peer and critical Acclaim.
He has been judged as the best dermatologist in Mumbai City and was published in a reputed English newspaper.
He’s also been invited as a faculty and guest speaker at various national and international conferences such as the Annual Conference of IADVL, 3rd DASIL Conference, International Society of DermatologicSurgery, and many more.
25 Years of Experience
Consultant Dermatologist at Global hospital, Mumbai.
- Received an ISD Scholarship by the International Society of Dermatology, USA, in the years 2007 and 2009.
- Received a special Travel Fellowship and status of Honorary Research Fellow by the Japanese Society of Investigative dermatology
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Best Dermatologist judged by India Today group 2020
- Kumar R, Verma KK, Pasricha JS. Efficacy of H, antihistamine, corticosteroids and cyclophosphamide in the treatment of chronic dermographic urticaria. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2002 Mar-Apr;68(2):88-91. PubMed PMID: 17656887.
- Lai-Cheong JE, Liu L, Sethuraman G, Kumar R, Sharma VK, Reddy SR, Vahlquist A, Pather S, Arita K, Wessagowit V, McGrath JA. Five new homozygous mutations in the KIND1 gene in Kindler syndrome. J Invest Dermatol. 2007 Sep;127(9):2268-70.
- Bashyam MD, Chaudhary AK, Reddy EC, Reddy V, Acharya V, Nagarajaram HA, DeviAR, Bashyam L, Dalal AB, Gupta N, Kabra M, Agarwal M, Phadke SR, Tainwala R, Kumar R, Hariharan SV. A founder ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR) mutation results in a high frequency of the autosomal recessive form of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia in India. Br J Dermatol. 2012 Apr;166(4):819-29.
- Kumar A, Mohanty S, Sahni K, Kumar R, Gupta S. Extracted hair follicle outer root sheath cell suspension for pigment cell restoration in vitiligo. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2013 Apr;6(2):121-5. doi: 10.4103/0974-2077.112679. PubMed PMID: 4023440;
- Gupta LK, Martin AM, Agarwal N, D’Souza P, Das S, Kumar R, Pande S, Das NK, Kumaresan M, Kumar P, Garg A, Singh S. Guidelines for the management of Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis: An Indian perspective. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2016 Nov-Dec;82(6):603-625.
- Kumar R, Das A, Das S. Management of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome-Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis: Looking Beyond Guidelines! Indian J Dermatol. 2018 Mar-Apr;63(2):117-124.
- Kumar R, Zawar V. Threading warts: a beauty parlor dermatosis. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2007 Dec;6(4):279-82.
- Kumar R, Gupta H, Jadhav A, Khadilkar S. Bitemporal scalp, lip and tongue necrosis in giant cell arteritis: a rare presentation. Indian J Dermatol. 2013 Jul;58(4):328. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.113980.
- Zawar V, Kumar R. Multiple recurrences of pityriasis rosea of Vidal: a novel presentation. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009 Jul;34(5):e114-6.
- Sood A, Khaitan BK, Khanna N, Kumar R, Singh MK. Syringocystadenoma papilliferum at unusual sites. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2000 Nov-Dec;66(6):328-9.
- Kumar R, Kumari S. Evaluation and management of photosensitivity in children. Indian Pediatr. 2008 Oct;45(10):829-37. Review. PubMed PMID: 18948653.
- Kumar R, Kumari S, Ranabijuli PK. Generalized pigmentation due to Addison disease. Dermatol Online J. 2008 Feb 28;14(2):13. PubMed PMID: 18700116.
- Kumar R, Zawar V. Longitudinal leukonychia in Hailey-Hailey Disease: a sign not to be missed. Dermatol Online J. 2008 Mar 15;14(3):17.
- Kumar R, Pai V. Bleomycin induced flagellate pigmentation. Indian Pediatr. 2006 Jan;43(1):74-5. PubMed PMID: 16465013.
- Sil A, Kumar P, Kumar R, Das NK. Selection of Control, Randomization, Blinding, and Allocation Concealment. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2019 Aug 28;10(5):601-605.