Dr Rohit Deshbhratar
Qualification: MBBS, DA, DNB, PDCC in Regional Anaesthesia and Acute Pain ManagementBook an appointment
Dr Rohit Deshbhratar has been associated with Global hospital for the past six years. Though his primary interest is orthopedic anesthesia, he has also been part of the renal and liver transplant anesthesia team and has been at the forefront of the anesthesia team for hand transplant surgery.
He has received his anesthesiology training from one of the top medical institution in India. Along with his medical degrees, he also has a Fellowship in Regional Anaesthesia and Acute Pain Management from a Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore. During his fellowship, he had excellent exposure to nearly all subspecialties in orthopedics. He had been trained in providing anesthesia for arthroplasties, arthroscopies, spine surgeries, acute trauma, and limb reconstruction procedures, pediatric orthopedic procedures, acute emergencies in plastic surgery, plastic reconstructive surgeries, and procedures related to burns management and sequelae during his fellowship course.
Dr Rohit also has experience in handling obstetric, neurosurgical, general surgical, and orthopedic medical emergencies, and has had extensive exposure to anesthesia for morbid obesity and bariatric surgery.
He is well versed in using ultrasound-guided anesthesia procedures, including nerve blocks and invasive cannulation, fiberoptic intubations, and the use of video laryngoscopes.
12 Years of Experience
- October 2018 to till present
Associate Consultant, Global Hospital, Mumbai
- November 2016 to September 2018
Junior Consultant Clinical, Global Hospital, Mumbai
- August 2014 to October 2016
Clinical Associate in Anesthesiology, Global Hospital, Mumbai
- January 2014 to June 2014
Clinical Fellow, Global Hospital, Coimbatore
- Orthopedic Anesthesia
- Phase3 clinical trials for Dexmeditomidine vs. Propofol forpostoperative ICU Sedation and Analgesia, at Seth GSMC and KEM Hospital, Dept. of Anesthesiology, 2009.
- Thesis on comparison of Epidural Bupivacaine and Ropivacaine for Postoperative pain relief as part of the DNB curriculum, 2013.
- Case report presentation at ISACON 2009 Chennai “ThoracicEpidural Anesthesia for a case of Radical Mastectomy with Cervical Spondylosis’’