Dr S V Vaidya
Designation: Head Joint replacement surgery program
Qualification: M.B.B.S , M.S (orth) , FACS (USA)
Dr. Shrinand .V Vaidya has been performing joint replacement surgery since 1991. This includes primary and revision hip and knee replacements as well as replacement for bone tumour . His patients include many doctors and their near ones coming from all over the country and U.A.E , Africa and U.K for treatment .Dr.Vaidya is the only Indian and the third Asian to become a member of the prestigious knee society, USA. He is also a fellow of the American college of Surgeons , Chicago , Illinois ,USA. He was trained under the able guidance of Dr.C.S.Ranawat , MD at Lenox hill, new York , USA. Dr.Ranawat is a household name in India a pioneer and the co-designer of the worlds first and most successful artificial knee.
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Revision total knee replacement surgery
- Revision total hip replacement surgery
- Computer assisted and robotic assisted navigation hip and knee replacement surgery.
- Robotic unicondylar knee replacement surgery
- International member (2004)of members of the “American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons”(AAHK) U.S.A.
- Director – Indian Joint registry – Hip and Knee (2020)
- President-‘Indian Society Of Hip & Knee Surgeons'(2011-2012)
- Founder Member; Trustee Of ‘Indian Society Of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- International Co-ordinator(2015) of Guest society (ISHKS)-American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons”(AAHK) U.S.A.
- Part Of Surgical Team with Dr.C.S.Ranawat who operated Honourable Prime Minister of India
- Involved in Artificial Joint Replacement since 1992 (1st Total Hip)-Performing approx 450 Joints per annum.
- Invited Speaker- Singapore(1998), Japan(1999), Malaysia(2001), Hongkong(2002), Australia(2003).China (2006)
- Fellowship Secretary & founding Member Of “K.T. DHOLAKIA” Arthroplasty fellowship in The Joint Replacement Fellowship,Mumbai-1995-2000
- Vaidya SV, Ranawat CS, Aroojis A, Laud NS. Anthropometric measurements to design total knee prostheses for the Indian population. The Journal of arthroplasty. 2000 Jan 1;15(1):79-85.
- Pachore JA, Vaidya SV, Thakkar CJ, Bhalodia HK, Wakankar HM. ISHKS joint registry: A preliminary report. Indian journal of orthopaedics. 2013 Sep;47(5):505.
- Vaidya SV, Dholakia DB, Chatterjee A. The use of a dynamic condylar screw and biological reduction techniques for subtrochanteric femur fracture. Injury. 2003 Feb 1;34(2):123-8.
- Vaidya SV, Patel MR, Panghate AN, Rathod PA. Total knee arthroplasty: limb length discrepancy and functional outcome. Indian journal of orthopaedics. 2010 Jun;44(3):300-7.
- Vaidya SV, Jogani AD, Pachore JA, Armstrong R, Vaidya CS. India joining the world of hip and knee registries: present status—a leap forward. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2021 May;55(1):46-55.
- Vaidya SV, Gadhiya RM, Bagaria V, Ranawat AS, Ranawat CS. Computed tomographic evaluation of femoral component rotation in total knee arthroplasty. Indian journal of orthopaedics. 2013 Feb;47(1):40-4.
- Vaidya SV, Arora A, Mathesul AA. Effect of total knee arthroplasty on type II diabetes mellitus and hypertension: A prospective study. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2013 Feb;47(1):72-6.
- Vaidya SV, Aroojis A. Multiple joint replacement in chronically neglected polyarthritic patients: Two case reports. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2000 Dec;8(2):75-81.
- Manghwani J, Vaidya SV, Patel H, Vaidya CS. Does total contact of the patella with the femoral trochlea during no thumb test significantly reduce anterior knee pain?. The Knee. 2019 Dec 1;26(6):1338-47.
- Vaidya SV, Mathesul AA, Panghate AN, Wade R, Sonawane DV. Bilateral multiligament injury of knee caused by entangled dupatta. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2012 Apr;46(2):239-41.
- Vaidya SV, Desai KB, Chavan AS, Vaghasia DT, Vaidya CS. Functional and Cost Audit of Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty in Public vs Private Hospitals: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2021 Oct;55(5):1306-16.
- Vaidya SV, Dholakia D, Chatterjee A, Poduval M. Technique of Biologic Fixation of Subtrochanteric Femoral Fractures with Dynamic Condylar Screw (DCS). Orthopedics and Traumatology. 2002 Dec;10(4):310-8.
- Bagaria V, Vaidya SV. Correcting Varus Knee Deformities: An Algorithmic Approach. Basics in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty-E-book. 2017 Jun 17:276.
- Vaidya SV, Virani S, Phunde R, Mahajan A. What have we learned from 100% success of press fit condylar rotating platform posterior stabilized knees?. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2016 Dec;50(6):647-54.