Dr Sameer V Pagad
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MD, DNB (CARD), FNB (Int Card), FSCAI, FESC
Dr Sameer V Pagad is a highly accomplished interventional cardiologist dealing with all aspects of cardiac diagnostics and therapy.
He is a senior consultant now in active cardiology practice for close to two decades.
He has trained from the leading institutes in the country. He graduated from Grant Medical College and completed his post graduation from GS Medical College and KEM hospital from Mumbai.
He went on to do his National Board Certification in Cardiology at Rly Hospital Perambur and then did his fellowship in Interventional Cardiology (National Board) from Bombay Hospital.
He happens to be one of the few National Board certified Interventional Cardiologists in the city
Among the various other posts he holds, he serves as the Consultant Cardiologist to the Governor of Maharashtra.
- Sr Consultant and Asst Prof at Bombay hospital and Medical Research Centre
- Director Cath Lab Services at Somaiya Superspeciality Hospital
- Consultant at HN Reliance and Jupiter Hospitals
- He is an expert in Percutaneous Coronary procedures like Angioplasties, coronary imaging like IVUS and OCT.
- His expertise lies in doing complex coronary interventions using state of the art techniques like Rotablation, Bifurcation stenting and Left Main Angioplasties.
- He is a regional proctor for device therapies like CRT, ICD and pacemaker implantations.
- Awarded the Outstanding Young Person award 2013 – Jaycee Group
- Completed the Advanced Cardiac Life Support ‘ACLS’ Course conducted by PEARLS (Regional training center for American Heart Association)
- Awarded the Best Performing Team Award for the year 2003, during my stint at Quintiles ECG services as consultant cardiologist
- Awarded the National Scholarship Award, Maharashtra State-1991
- Shewale R, Munot N, Yadav H, Pagad S. A humongous coronary cameral fistula, silent till sixth decade of life! Heart India 2018;6:33-5
- Shewale R, Sharma A, Pagad S. A tale of two dislodged stents – Successful retrieval with limited hardware using indigenous snares. J Cardiovascular Disease Res.2018; 9(2): x-x.
- Rescue radio frequency ablation for atrial tachycardia presenting as cardiomyopathy in pregnancy. S.Pagad, A.Barmade, S.Toal, A.Vora, Y. Lokhandwala (Indian Heart Journal -Aug 2004).
- Is there a role for omega-3 fatty acids and other antioxidants in prevention of Atherosclerosis? S.Pagad, A.Barmade, Y.lokhandwala (Cardiology Today-Sep 2003).
- Presented a paper on interesting cases in rheumatology in the Bombay Rheumatolgy Meet – 2002. S.Pagad, L.Bichile.
- Occurrence of stroke after manual thrombectomy in patients undergoing PCI a single center retrospective analysis – Abstract Annual CSI conference 2018
- Aortoarteritis with involvement of the major arteries of the Lower Limbs – The Cardiology Society of India- 2006 annual conference.
- Bidirectional Glenn Surgery in children more than 5 years of age – Retrospective study- The Cardiology Society of India- 2005 annual conference.