Dr Samir Rajadhyaksha
Department: General Medicine
Designation: Consultant Rheumatology
Qualification: MBBS, MDBook an appointment
Dr Samir Rajadhyaksha has 19 years of experience. He also has worked as a Consultant Rheumatologist in Mumbai for more than 5 years. Apart from practising in a tertiary care hospital in Mumbai and providing outpatient and inpatient care, he also visited surrounding areas namely Nashik and Alibag to treat patients with rheumatic diseases there. He used to hold regular CMEs for GPs and patient education programmes to increase awareness regarding these diseases. He went to the UK to gain more experience in the management of early RA/resistant, RA/vasculitis, biologic therapy, and joint injections.
19 Years of Experience
- Consultant Rheumatologist at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai from Feb 2011 to Nov 2011
- Specialty Registrar in Rheumatology at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals NHS Trust, Norwich, United Kingdom from 2010 to 2011
- Consultant Rheumatologist at S.L.Raheja Hospital, Mumbai from 2004 to 2010
- Specialist Registrar at Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom from June 2009 to July 2009
- Clinical Fellow in Department of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore from 2003 to 2004
- Medical Officer in the Department of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore from June 2003 to October 2003
- Medical Officer in the Department of General Medicine at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore from November 2002 to May 2003
- Medical Officer in the Department of Geriatric Medicine at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore from February 2002 to October 2002
- Lecturer in Department of Medicine, Sir J.J.Group of Hospitals & Grant Medical College, Mumbai from May 1999 to May 2000 & November 2000 to December 2001
- Clinical Observer in Rheumatology under Dr V R Joshi at P.D Hinduja National Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai from June 2000 to October 2000.
Diagnosis and Treatment of rheumatic diseases
Use of DMARDs namely methotrexate, sulphasalazine, hydroxychloroquine, leflunomide, azathioprine, cyclophosphamide, and biologics.
- S Rajadhyaksha, LS Bichile: Cartilage Injury Markers in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. APLAR J of Rheumatol 2000; 3(3): 187-190.
- S Rajadhyaksha, L S Bichile, H Joshi : Conduction Block in an adult patient with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) associated with anti – Ro antibodies. JIRA 2000; 8(2): 60-62.
- A Sule, s Gaitonde, E Pathan, S Rajadhyaksha, G Mittal, V R Joshi: Atlantoaxial Dislocation in a case of Psoriatic Arthritis – A Case Report and Review of Literature. JIRA 2000; 8(2): 66-67.
- G Mittal, G Mangat, R Samant, E Pathan, A Sule, S Rajadhyaksha, S Gaitonde, VR Joshi : Avascular Necrosis in Systemic Rheumatic Diseases: An Analysis of 29 cases. JIRA 2000; 8(3): 91-93.
- Bichile L S, Rajadhyaksha S : Osteoporosis. The Ind. Pract.2000 ; 53(10): 695-698.
- L S Bichile, S Rajadhyaksha : Rheumatology and Hypertension: Review Article. Hypertension India 2001 ; 15(1): 1-4.
- Y A Gokhale, S Bhide, S Rajadhyaksha, L S Bichile, N K Hase: Plasmapheresis: An Adjunct Therapy in Severe Progressive Neuropsychiatric Lupus. J Assoc Physician India 2001; 49: 986 – 989.
- L S Bichile, Vishwanath, S Rajadhyaksha: Rheumatologic Emergencies in Indian Patients: Experience from a Rheumatology Unit. APLAR J of Rheumatol 2000; 4(2): 114-116.
- S Rajadhyaksha, LS Bichile, H Joshi: The Efficacy of Intravenous Pulse Dexamethasone with DMARDs in comparison with low dose steroids (for 6 weeks)with DMARDs in the treatment of Indian patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. APLAR J of Rheumatol 2001;4(3):164-168
- Pathan E, Gaitonde S, Rajadhyaksha S, Sule A, Mittal G, Joshi VR: Longitudinal study of serum creatinine levels in patients of Rheumatoid Arthritis on long-term NSAID therapy. J Assos Phy Ind 2003, 51(11): 1045-49.
- LS Bichile, S Rajadhyaksha, S Suralkar: Alveolar Haemorrhage Syndromes with Renal Involvement. Journal, Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine 2003. 4(1):21-24.
- Samir Anil Rajadhyaksha, Kok Ooi Kong, Tsui Yee Lian, Lesley-Ann Hui Huan Goh, Pao Hsii Feng: Mycobacterium marinum infection of the hand.APLAR J Rheumatol 2004.7(3):242-246.