Dr Santosh Bangar
Qualification: MBBS, DPM (Psychiatry), MD (Psychiatry), PG Diploma (Clinical Psychiatry), PG Diploma (Clinical Neuropsychiatry)Book an appointment
Dr Santosh Bangar is an internationally trained Geriatric Psychiatrist with rich experience of more than 15 years. His interests include various types of dementias, Neuropsychiatry and Liaison Psychiatry for senior citizens. He’s been an active participant in the weekly psychological formulation of challenging behavior in dementia and complex functional illnesses at The Mount, Leeds.
Along with being a celebrated psychiatrist, he’s also been a teacher and an examiner for various renowned medical institutions. He is attached to Global Hospital, Parel.
He’s been a part of several pieces of research and has had many papers on psychiatry, psychology, and related subjects published in international journals on Sleep Apnoea, Tourette’s Disorder, Epilepsy, and Delirium. He is also a peer reviewer for the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and is on the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. He has presented his work at various national and international conferences where he rightfully received critical acclaim.
15 Years of Experience
Consultant, Psychiatry at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- 31st July 2017 to 17th October 2017
Locum Consultant, East Brighton CMHC, Brighton General Hospital.
- 13th July 2017 to 28th July 2017
Locum Consultant, Bluestone Unit, Craigavon Area Hospital, Portadown, Northern Ireland.
- 21st June 2016 to 30th June 2017
Locum Consultant, City-wide Liaison Psychiatry, Memory clinic, and CMHT, York,
- 4th April 2016 to 17th June 2016
Locum Consultant, Memory Services, Wakefield
- Liaison Psychiatry for Older People
- Sports Psychology
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- ‘Women With Epilepsy: Clinically Relevant Issues’ published in Functional Neurology by Santosh Bangar, Abhishek Shastri, Hany El-Sayeh, and Andrea E. Cavanna,
- ‘Tourette’s Syndrome: Is There A Causal Link To Violence?’ published in the International Journal of Endorsing Health Science Research by Mehboob Yaqub, Yasir Akbar, and Santosh Bangar.
- ‘Obstructive Sleep Apnoea And Dementia: Is There A Link?’ published in the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry by Abhishek Shastri, Santosh Bangar, and John Holmes.