Dr Shailesh Kamakhedkar
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MD Anaesthesia and PDCC in Cardiac AnaesthesiaBook an appointment
Dr. Shailesh Kamakhedkar is Senior Consultant in the department of Cardio Vascular Thoracic Anaesthesia, Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai. Dr. Kamakhedkar has completed his MBBS from IGMC, Nagpur and MD Anaesthesia from VMGMC, Solapur. He pursued PDCC in Cardiac Anaesthesia from Narayana Hrudayalaya. He was associated with some of the most reputed Hospitals like Narayana Hrudayalaya, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Institute (KDAH), Mumbai, NMC Hospital, Dubai. As an anaesthesiologist he has worked efficiently in various institute’s Anaesthesia department like Cardiology, Neurology, Paediatric, Obstetric, Labour analgesia and Regional anaesthesia. He has also managed well the anaesthesia department in trauma care units and intensive care units. Dr. Shailesh has profound experience in all procedures related to patient care management in Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and Cardiac Intensive Care.
Dr Shaliesh is Sr Consultant, Cardiac Anaesthesiology at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
Dr. Shailesh worked as Senior Resident at Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Shailesh worked as Senior Resident (fellow student) at Narayana Hrudayalaya for Two Years
Dr. Shailesh worked as Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesia, at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Institute for about eight years.
Dr. Shailesh also worked as Physician Specialist Anaesthesia at NMC Hospital, Dubai
- Cardiac ICU, pre-operative & post-operative ICU works in cardiac.
- Excellent skills on intraoperative Trans Esophageal Echocardiography and Trans Thoracic Echocardiography
- Airway and Ventilation management like endotracheal intubation, difficult airway management, use of various types of airways. Setting up, management and troubleshooting for Mechanical ventilators.
- Hemodynamic monitoring set up, insertion, troubleshooting and interpretation of data for PICCO, Vigileo, Pulmonary artery catheter.
- Cardiovascular support like transvenous pace maker and Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) – Insertion, set up and trouble shooting.
- Prescription, initiation, management and troubleshooting for renal replacement therapies like SLEDD and CRRT.
- Insertion of all type of venous access related to ICU, arterial line insertion, both blind and by using ultra sound.
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy & Intercoastal Drain Insertion.
- Neuro-anaesthesia, Obstetric anaesthesia and labour analgesia.
- Peripheral nerve blocks by all techniques
- Trauma, Critical and intensive care.