Dr Sonia Nankani
Qualification: MBBS, MSBook an appointment
Dr Sonia Nankani is a Corneal Transplant Surgeon and performs both penetrating and lamellar surgeries. She is known for the no-patch phaco-emulsification cataract surgery, is skilled in Lasik surgery, and has trained in Retina at L.V Prasad Eye Institute to be able to treat the expanding population with Diabetic Retinopathy and Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
She was the first in Maharashtra to perform the Tooth In Eye Surgery (Modified Osteo Odento Keratoprosthesis). After the successful results of the surgery performed by her, several blind people with bilateral Corneal disease have benefitted from this surgery. She was also the first to perform limbal stem cell transplant surgery in the city of Mumbai using autologous cultivated stem cells in a child.
She has now taken a rather keen interest in starting her new state-of-the-art center in Parel, a unit for cosmetic Ophthalmology with a highly trained and specialized team.
Presently she is heading the Department at our prestigious Hospital . She is involved in setting up the Binocular Vision clinic and Unique Dichoptic treatment for Amblyopia management . Her special interest lies in the visual rehabilitation of children with special needs and learning disability.
Consultant Ophthalmologist at Gleneagles Global Hospital,Parel, Mumbai .
Director of Krishna eye centres, Mumbai.
- Injection free, sutureless patchless cataract surgery
- No-patch phaco-emulsification cataract surgery
- Tooth in eye surgery
- Limbal stem cell transplant surgery
- Performed the first limbal stem cell transplant surgery in the city of Mumbai using autologous cultivated stem cells in a child.
- The first to perform a tooth in eye surgery (Modified Osteo Odento Keratoprosthesis) in Maharashtra.