Dr Sudheer Pargewar
Department: Interventional Radiology
Qualification: MBBS, DMRD, DNB (Radio Diagnosis), PDCC (Interventional Radiology)Book an appointment
Dr Sudheer Pargewar is an Interventional Radiologist with more than eight years of experience in this field. He specializes in various interventional procedures like Trans-arterial Chemo-embolization (TACE) of hepatic tumors, embolization of abdominal aneurysms, biliary drainage (PTBD), AV fistula angioplasty, Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS), balloon/plug/coil occluded retrograde/antegrade obliteration (BRTO/BATO/PARTO/CARTO) of gastric varices, portal vein embolization (PVE), renal artery angioplasty/stenting, peripheral arterial angioplasty/stenting, varicose veins treatment and more such complex procedures. Amongst these, hepatobiliary interventions and minimal access treatment of liver tumors is his special interest for which he received training from the prestigious Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS, New Delhi) and Juntendo University (Tokyo, Japan).
His research work includes various publications in indexed journals in the field of diagnostic and interventional abdominal radiology with special focus on Budd Chiari Syndrome treated with endovascular procedures and liver MRI.
He holds scientific memberships of various national and international associations like Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA), Indian Society of Vascular & Interventional Radiology (ISVIR), Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR), USA, Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE), Asia Pacific Society of Cardiovascular & Interventional Radiology (APSCVIR) and Korean Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (KSUM).
8 Years of Experience
- November 2016 till date :
Consultant Interventional Radiologist, Global hospitals, Parel, Mumbai
- February 2016 to October 2016 :
Clinical Associate, Department of Radiology, Global hospitals, Parel, Mumbai
Percutaneous minimal access image-guided interventions including biopsies, drainage procedures, tumor ablations. Endovascular minimal access treatment of liver cancers. Treatment of Hepatic veno-occlusive diseases like Budd-Chiari syndrome.
- Awarded Gold Medal at the esteemed “Padmashri Kakarla Subbarao Gold Medal Competition” for Best Paper Presentation by a Postgraduate student in Radiology.
- Dalal A, Maydeo A, Pargewar S. Unusual cause of anemia postendoscopic full-thickness plication in a 28-year-old Asian male. Dig Endosc. 2020 May;32(4):630.
- Desai SN, Choudhury H, Joshi P, Pargewar S. Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation after anorectal pull-through surgery for anorectal malformations: a comprehensive review. Pol J Radiol. 2018 Jul 11;83:e348-e352.
- Mukund A, Pargewar SS, Desai SN, Rajesh S, Sarin SK. Changes in Liver Congestion in Patients with Budd-Chiari Syndrome following Endovascular Interventions: Assessment with Transient Elastography. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2017 May;28(5):683-687.
- Pargewar SS, Desai SN, Rajesh S, Singh VP, Arora A, Mukund A. Imaging and radiological interventions in extra-hepatic portal vein obstruction. World J Radiol. 2016 Jun 28;8(6):556-70.
- Singh VP, Rajesh S, Bihari C, Desai SN, Pargewar SS, Arora A. Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis: What every radiologist should know. World J Radiol. 2016 Feb 28;8(2):183-91.
- Bansal K, Sureka B, Pargewar S, Arora A. Renal lymphangiectasia: One disease, many names! Indian J Nephrol. 2016 Jan-Feb;26(1):57-8.
- Pargewar SS, Rajesh S, Arora A. Aneurysmal intrahepatic portosystemic venous shunt: beware of this masquerader. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2015 Jun;204(6):W736-7.