Dr Uday Sanglodkar
Designation: Senior Consultant - Hepatology and Liver Transplant
Qualification: MBBS, DNB Internal Medicine, DNB Gastroenterology
Dr Uday Sanglodkar, is a Senior Consultant – Hepatology and Liver Transplant with vast experience in hepatology/ transplant Hepatology. His areas of interest include Hepatobiliary diseases, liver intensive care and transplant Hepatology. He has been actively involved in the medical management of more than 5000 hepatology cases including decompensated chronic liver diseases, acute on chronic liver failure and hepatobiliary malignancies. Moreover, he has concrete experience in managing more than 900 post liver transplant patients and critical care management of over 100 Acute Liver Failure patients. He has a special interest in the management of hepatobiliary diseases including malignancies He is an author of many national and international publications which focus on complications of chronic liver diseases. In addition, he is an active member of ISG, INASL, LTSI and ILTS societies.
- Dr Uday has worked at Rela Institute and Medical centre (RIMC) as a Consultant Hepatologist and Liver Transplant physician and has managed all Chronic liver diseases, pre-transplant and post transplant patients.
- Dr Uday has worked with the Liver Medical Intensive Care Unit at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai which gave him tremendous exposure to the criticality of liver patients in ICU.
- Dr Uday has worked as Resident doctor in Medical Gastroenterology, Gleneagles Global hospital, Chennai.
- Treatment of Chronic Liver Diseases, Acute and Chronic Liver Failure
- Treatment of pre and post-Liver Transplant patients
- Management of Acute Liver Failure patients
- Hepatobiliary Malignancies
- Vaccination awareness in cirrhotic patients – A dismal scenario !
- Liver transplantation for AIH – A single centre.
- NASH related HCC- a worrying future!
- Cyclosporin shift in post liver transplant pt
- NASH vs AIH – A single centre study
- Functional renal reserve in cirrhotic patients
- Use of Tolvaptan in decompensated liver disease
- Sanglodkar UA, Jothimani D, Rela M. Hemospray for recurrent esophageal band ulcer bleeding. Clin Exp Hepatol. 2018 Mar;4(1):46-48. doi: 10.5114/ceh.2018.73668. Epub 2018 Feb 10. PMID:29594199; PMCID: PMC5865909.
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Jothimani D, Parida S, G B, Venkataraman J.Cellulitis in liver cirrhosis – a series of 25 cases from southern India. Clin Exp Hepatol. 2018 Sep;4(3):201-204. doi: 10.5114/ceh.2018.78125. Epub 2018 Sep 10. PMID: 30324146; PMCID: PMC6185931.
- Sanglodkar U/ Patil V, Jain M, Varghese J, Jayanthi V (2016) Pancreatitis, Pannicultis, Polyarthritis- A Rare Triad!. Arch Clin Gastroenterol 2(1): 063-064. 10.17352/2455-2283.000023
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Alexander MJ, Venkataraman J. Gastroesophageal Reflux-Is It Uncommon in Indian Patients With Decompensated Liver Cirrhosis? J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2019 May-Jun;9(3):418-419. doi: 10.1016/j.jceh.2018.09.007. Epub 2018 Oct 5. PMID: 31360035; PMCID: PMC6637082.
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Venkataraman J. Risk factors predicting nosocomial, healthcare-associated and community-acquired infection in spontaneous bacterial peritonitis and survival outcome. Clin Exp Hepatol. 2019 May;5(2):133-139. doi: 10.5114/ceh.2019.85073. Epub 2019 May 13. PMID: 31501789; PMCID: PMC6728864.
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Venkataraman J. Predictors of immediate and short- term mortality in spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2020 Aug 7. doi: 10.1007/s12664-020-01040-z. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32770323.
- Sanglodkar U, Varghese J, Jain M, Srinivasan V, Venkataraman J. (2017). Prevalence of Cirrhosis Related Complications and Their Impact on Survival. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.7. S48-S49. 10.1016/j.jceh.2017.05.092
- Sanglodkar U , Bawane P, Jain M , Venkataraman J. Bacteraemia in SBP as a predictor of prognosis. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology. 8. S77-S78. 10.1016/j.jceh.2018.06.414.
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Varghese J, Kedarisetty C, Venkataraman J. Clinical audit to determine efficacy of daily infusion of low dose of 20% albumin in combination with antibiotics in patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. Clin Exp Hepatol. 2019 Nov;5(4):301-307. doi:
- 10.5114/ceh.2019.88774. Epub 2019 Oct 16. PMID: 31893242; 10. Sanglodkar U, Jain M, J Venkataraman, Rationalising diuretic use in Indian patients with decompensated liver cirrhosis: a stepping stone to set guidelines for Indian patients. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, 2018.
- Dinesh Jothimani, Mukul Vij, Uday Sanglodkar, Mohamed Rela. Severe jaundice in a COVID -19 patient- virus or drug? Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, 2021
- Sanglodkar U, Jain M, Venkataraman J. Gender disparity in liver transplantation in Indian settings Indian journal of Transplantation, 2021,vol 15.DOI: 10.4103/ijot.ijot_56_20 .