Dr Vasant Nagvekar
Department: Infectious Diseases
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), Fellowship in Infectious DiseasesBook an appointment
Dr Vasant Nagvekar is an Infectious Diseases Consultant with more than 20 years of experience. He has received his medical training from the prestigious Grant Medical College & JJ Hospital. Along with his MBBS and MD degree, he has a fellowship in Infectious Diseases from Apollo Hospital, Chennai. He has also visited Wayne State University and Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit where he was an Observer in Infectious Diseases for about Six weeks. He has a Certificate from American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene.
He is experienced in managing indoor as well as outdoor Trasplant patients which include HSCT, Liver and Renal transplants. He has successfully managed patients in HIV medicine, implant infections, ICU Infections, etc.
Dr Nagvekar has delivered lectures on various topics at many national and international conferences and CMEs.
30+ Years of Experience
Consultant, Infectious Diseases, Global Hospital
- Infectious Diseases
- Critical Care Medicine
- Tropical Infectious Diseases
- HIV Medicine
- Transplant Infectious Diseases
- Award received for being among the Four Top Docs Physicians of Mumbai by India Today Magazine for two consecutive years.
- First prize in BMJ Awards For AMS at Fortis Mulund as Core Team member.
- Dr Nagvekar has published more than 15 articles, some of them are –
‘Pancytopenia presenting as Megaloblastic anaemia’ published in Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Two Chapters in Gorbochaws Textbook on Infectious diseases.
- Chapter in API update GNB infections.