Dr Vivek Soni
Qualification: MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery), MDS (Orthodontia)Book an appointment
When it comes to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr Vivek Soni is a force to reckon with. He has around three decades of experience in the field and is a double post-graduate in dentistry.
He received fellowships from the reputed Pierre Fauchard Academy, International College Of Continuing Dental Education, International College Of Dentists, and International College Of Surgeons.
He has attended various advanced courses over the years such as the Straight Wire Appliance course conducted by Dr Wick Alexander, Tip Edge Appliance course conducted by Dr Richard Parkhouse and many more.
He is a part of prestigious organizations such as Indian Orthodontic Society, Association of Maxillofacial Surgeons of India, Indian Society of Implantology, Indian Association of Occupational Health.
Along with being a dentist, he’s also been a professor and lecturer for most of his career. He’s done his bit in shaping young minds and honing their skills.
30 Years of Experience
Consultant, Department of Dentistry, Global Hospitals, Mumbai
Professor, Post-graduate Guide & Head Of Department, University of Mumbai
- July 2006 to May 2014
Dean, University of Mumbai
- Stood 1st in Bombay University in 1985 for degree of B.D.S.
- Best Scientific Paper presentation award (All India Level) at the Conference of Maxillofacial Surgeons (1987 & 1988).
- 1st prize for Best Scientific Paper at Maharashtra State Dental Conference held at Dombivli (1992).
- Awarded Prestigious BEL-IND award in 1994 at the National Conference of Occupational Health for Best Paper Presentation.
- Best Paper Award at Annual Conference of International College of Surgeons held at Delhi in 1995.
- Best Paper Award at Annual Conference of International College of Surgeons held at Kanyakumari in 1996.
- Mahadevan Research Award at the conference of the International College of Surgeons held at Juhu Marriott (2006).
- Received alumni Medals in Orthodontia, Oral Surgery, Periodontia, and Pedodontia.
- Recipient of the V.M. Desai Scholarship (1985).
- Recipient of the Keki Mistry Gold Medal (1985).
Dr. Vivek Soni has presented more than 50 papers and has 30 published articles in peer-reviewed national and international journals some of them are –
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Hardystonite – Polymethylmethacrylate Nanocomposites. Compendium of Research Surveys and Publications pg.no.14, 2006.
- A Comparative Evaluation of the Bonding and De-bonding characteristics of Polycrystalline ceramic brackets with Self-etching Primers – In Vitro’
- Nanobiocomposites as synthetic bone substitutes in maxillofacial surgery. Compendium of
Research, Surveys and Publications- pg.no-100, 2006.
- Skeletal open bite: a non-surgical approach: scientific journal vol 1 -2007.
- Electrophoretic deposition of nanobiocomposites for orthopedic applications: influence of current density and coating duration. J Mater Sci: Mater Med, Vol: 8, issue 5, 2008.
- Osteoconductive Nanocomposite coating of Apatite- Wollastonite and Chitosan Pertanika. J. Trop. Agric. Sci, Vol:32, Issue 1, 2008.
- Comparison of two non-radiographic techniques of mixed dentition analysis and evaluation of their applicability for Marathi population. Scientific journal volume II-2008.
- Entre safe zone: A versatile radiographic and surgical guide for miniscrew – implant placement. Ortho update 2009 2; 75-78.
- Chitosan reinforce apatite – Wollastonite coating by electrophoretic deposition on titanium implants. J Mater Sci: Mater Med, Vol: 9, Issue 3, 2009.
- Orthodontic asymmetries – a development perspective: scientific journal vol III- 2009.
- Orthodontic intervention to resolve periodontal defects: an interdisciplinary approach. J Indian Soc. 2010 Oct; 14(4).
- A comparative evaluation of the shear bond strength of three adhesives: composite resin, a resin modifies GIC, and a polyacid modifies composite resin – in vitro study: beyond boundaries compendium of scientific deliberation vol. 1,2010.
- Orthodontic intervention to resolve periodontal defects: an interdisciplinary approach. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology- vol 14, issue 4, oct-dec 2010.
- Influence of carboxymethyl chitin on stability and biocompatibility of 3D nanohydroxyapatite/gelatin/carboxymethyl chitin composite for bone tissue engineering. J Biomed mat, 2012 Apr;100(3).
- Enhanced mechanical strength and biocompatibility of electrospun polycaprolactone–gelatin scaffold with surface deposited nano-hydroxyapatite. Master Sci Eng 2013 May 1;33(4).