Dr Wasim Khot
Department: Infectious Diseases
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Infectious Diseases)Book an appointment
Dr Wasim Khot is a Consultant with clinical experience in Infectious diseases. Dr Wasim Khot provides Infectious disease consultation for Outpatients (OPD) and Inpatient management of various infectious diseases patients.
After completing M.B.B.S and MD (Medicine), he got a DM in Infectious Disease from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He was one of the first doctor in the country to complete DM in Infectious Disease. Dr Khot is also a member of several prestigious institutes such as the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) and the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH). And European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases(ESCMID).
He has also published many vital articles as well as given academic presentations at various national and International Symposiums on Infectious Diseases.
Years of Experience: 12 years overall (more than 6 years as Infectious Diseases specialist)
- Consultant at Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- Empanelled consultant Prince Aly Khan Hospital Mumbai
- Empanelled consultant Masina Hospital Mumbai
- Consultant – Division of Essential Drugs and other Medicines (EDM), Department of Health Systems Development (HSD), World Health Organisation (WHO), Southeast Asia Regional Office (SEARO)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine – Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Academic Senior Resident (Infectious Diseases), Department of Medicine and Microbiology in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Senior Resident / Speciality Medical Officer, Department of Medicine in Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Junior Resident, Department of Medicine in BJMC and Sassoon General Hospital Pune
- Bonded Medical Officer at Rural Hospital, Mandangad, Sub District Hospital, Kalambani and Civil Hospital, Ratnagiri under State Medical Health services.
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ group of Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD (General Medicine) from BJ Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital Pune Maharashtra
- DM (Infectious Diseases) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Diagnosis and management of all kind of infections with special interest in
- Tropical infections like Typhoid, Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunya ,Leptospirosis influenza
- Prolonged fever
- HIV and related opportunistic infections
- Infections in special populations: cancer patients, immunosuppressed patients, diabetes, chronic kidney and liver disease
- Transplant Infectious diseases
- Tuberculosis Including drug-resistant and extra pulmonary tuberculosis
- Infections in ICU , post operative and device related infections
- Fungal infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Antimicrobial Stewardship and infection control
- Adult immunization and travel related infections
- Clinical Infectious Disease Society (CIDS) India
- Young Scientist Member of European Society Of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA)
- Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH)
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Former member of the State Subcommittee for causality assessment of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI)
- Former member District AIDS Clinical Expert Panel (DACEP) at KEM hospital, Mumbai
- WHO implementation handbook for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: guidance for the human health sector. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2022. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
- Gupta V, Ingawale S, Bhondve A, Khot W, Salagre S, Sonawale A, Joshi K, Vaidya M, Tiwari S, Salagre K, Pawade Y, Kawale J, Sabnis N. Clinical Study of Use of Remdesivir and Tocilizumab in Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients. J Assoc Physicians India. 2021 Jul;69(7):14-19. doi: 10.0102/japi.2021.07. PMID: 34431263.
- Book chapter ‘Management of Mild Covid’ in the book ‘PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OF COVID-19- The MCGM experience’. 2020-21
- Gupta N, Mittal A, Niyas VK, Banerjee S, Ray Y, Kodan P, Malla S, Khot W, Fazal F, Singh BK, Jorwal P. Nontuberculous mycobacteria: A report of eighteen cases from a tertiary care center in India. Lung India 2019.
- Jiandani MP, Salagre SB, Kazi S, Iyer S, Patil P, Khot WY, Patil E, Sopariwala M. Preliminary Observations and Experiences of Physiotherapy Practice in Acute Care Setup of COVID 19: A Retrospective Observational Study. J Assoc Physicians India. 2020 Oct;68(10):18-24. PMID: 32978920.
- Banerjee, S., Gupta, N., Ray, Y., Kodan, P., Khot, W. Y., Fazal, F., Niyas, V., Soneja, M., Vikram, N., Biswas, A., Kapil, A., & Wig, N. (2020). Impact of trainee-driven Antimicrobial Stewardship Program in a high burden resource-limited setting. Le infezioni in medicina, 28(3), 367–372
- Fazal F, Gupta N, Khot W, Ray Y. Collateral damage due to COVID-19 [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jul 26]. Trop Doct. 2020;49475520942387. doi:10.1177/0049475520942387
- Khot WY, Nadkar MY. The 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak – A Global Threat. J Assoc Physicians India. 2020;68(3):67-71.
- Nadkar MY, Khot W. Dengue in India: Matters of the Heart. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India. 2019 Jul;67:11.
- Gupta N, Kumar R, Soneja M, Singh G, Khot W, Malla S, Xess I. Mucor menace in an immunocompetent young male after dental manipulation. Journal of family medicine and primary care. 2019 Feb;8(2):757
- Gupta N, Mittal A, Vinod KS, Fazal F, Khot W, Ranjan S, Nischal N, Soneja M, Biswas A, Wig N, Sood R. Is there a need for shifting patients on long term nevirapine based regimens to efavirenz based regimens: a cross-sectional study?. Drug discoveries & therapeutics. 2018 Oct 31;12(5):295-8.
- Khot W, Gupta N, Khatiwada S, Goyal A, Das R, Brijwal M, Choudhary A, Nischal N, Dar L, Biswas A. A Curious Case of Afebrile Dengue. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India. 2018 Aug;66:89.
- Kumar A, Sahu M, Khot W, Sethi P, Baitha U, Baruah K, Biswas A. Chikungunya: An Emerging Threat. Journal of Advances in Medicine. 2018;7(1):7-12.
- Bhatt M, Khot W, Soneja M, Nischal N, Jorwal P, Biswas A. An Unusual Sequelae of Uncomplicated Vivax Malaria. The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India. 2018 May;66(5):88-9.
- Sriranga R, Pawar S, Khot W, Nischal N, Soneja M, Venkatesh HA, Nair RR, Kanna R, Sharma MC, Sharma SK. Isolated renal mucormycosis. J. Assoc. Physicians India. 2017 Apr;65:77-81.
- Mohta S, Soneja M, Vyas S, Khot W. Tuberculosis and Guillain-Barre syndrome: A chance association? Intractable & rare diseases research. 2017:2016-01073.