Dr Harish Chafle
Department: Pulmonology and Critical Care
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, DTCD, DNB, IDCCM
Dr Harish Chafle is an Intensivist with a cumulative experience of over 23 years. This includes 12 years of clinical experience in Critical Care and 16 years in Pulmonary Medicine. His expertise lies in Critical Care pertaining to Respiratory Medicine with special emphasis on ventilators and non-invasive ventilators.
After completing M.B.B.S, Dr Chafle got a DNB in Respiratory Medicine from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. Additionally, he is also qualified as an IDCCM from the Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine, DICC from the Indo-Australian Critical Care Foundation and also as a DTCD.
Dr Chafle is also a part of several prestigious institutes such as the Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine and the Indo-Australian Critical Care Foundation. He has also published many vital articles as well as attended conferences such as the Annual Congress of European Respiratory Society, Asia Ventilation Forum and others.
23 Years of Experience
- November 2012 to Present
Senior Consultant – Intensivist, Chest Physician, Bronchoscopist & Sleep Disorder Specialist at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- January 2011 to October 2012
Intensivist and In-charge of ICU, Sir H N Hospital & Research Centre
- July 2009 to January 2011
Junior Intensivist, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- January 2008 to June 2009
Senior Resident, ICU, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- August 2007 to November 2007
Senior Resident, Department of Medicine, MGM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- Critical Care pertaining to Respiratory Medicine with special emphasis on ventilators and non-invasive ventilators.
- Conventional bronchoscopies & bronchoscopic interventions like TBNA, endo-bronchial, trans-bronchial lung biopsy and broncho-alveolar lavage. Conducting difficult intubations with the help of a bronchoscope.
- Procedures in ICU like central line, arterial line, intubation, ICD insertion and surgical tracheostomy
- Pulmonary function testing and polysomnography
- Awarded for Best Case Presentation in NAPCON 2006, Nagpur.
- ‘Utility of Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin (N-GAL) in early detection of Acute Renal Injury’ by Dr P S Dhurandhar, Dr A R Halankar and Dr H B Chafle for Sir Hurkisondas Nurrotumdas Medical Research Society & Sir Hurkisondas Nurrotumdas Hospital.
- Accepted for Oral Presentation in Conference for Transplant Immunology and Immunogenetics, held at Liverpool, U.K – May 2012.
- Poster presentation on “Our Experience with Severe Viral Fever like illness in ICU”, CRITICARE 2010 – Hyderabad.
- Written 2 chapters in the book “PFT Made Easy” By Dr J R Shah, Jaypee Brothers Publications.
- Paper presented in NAPCON 2003 – Coimbatore on “Clinical Profile of TB in HIV Seropositives and HIV Seronegatives in Central India”.
- Case presentations at Saifee Hospital Clinical meetings, Jaslok Hospital Clinical meetings, Central India Chest Academy, etc. among others.