DR Mohit S. Garg
Department: Emergency, Acute Care and Trauma
Designation: Consultant & Head Of Department
Qualification: MBBS, MEMBook an appointment
Dr. Mohit Garg comes with an experience of more than 11 years as an Emergency Physician. After completing his MBBS from Mumbai, Dr. Garg pursued his 3 year full-time post – graduation training in Emergency Medicine at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. He then did his Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital-Healthcare Management and Post Graduate Diploma in Medicolegal Services from Symbiosis University, Pune.
He also trained at the Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine of the prestigious George Washington University Hospital, Washington DC, USA where he closely worked with eminent Emergency Medicine faculties and participated in a number of didactic, simulation lab and emergency ultrasound training sessions.
He has won many awards in his professional career, and participated as a teaching faculty in many national and international conferences. He is also an American Heart Association certified BLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor and has to his credit several provider courses across the country, and is also an American College of Surgeons’ certified ATLS Provider.
- Sarvodaya Hospital & Research Centre, Faridabad as Consultant & Head of Department, Emergency & Trauma.
- Suasth Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd. as Consultant & Head of Department, Accident & Emergency
- Dr. L.H. Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai as Consultant & Head of Department, Accident & Emergency
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai as Accident & Emergency Physician
- Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai as Accident & Emergency Physician
Dr. Garg with his rich experience can manage all kinds of emergencies, providing evidence-based emergency clinical care at par with international standards to all patients.
His areas of interest and expertise include Resuscitation, Acute Stoke Care & Thrombolysis, Cardiac Emergencies & Myocardial Infarction, Poly Trauma Management, Toxicology, Pre-Hospital Care, Sepsis Management, All Pediatric / Obstetric/ Gynecological / Orthopedic Emergencies, Disaster Management, BLS/ACLS/PALS & First Aid Teaching Activities and Public Awareness Activities.
He feels that emergency decision making is critical in deciding patient outcome and survival.His philosophy is to provide the right treatment, to the right patient, at the right time, to save a life.
- Awarded the Care Award – ‘For Caring beyond the Ordinary’ at Dr. L.H.Hiranandani Hospital’ 2016.
- Awarded the best thesis during M.E.M at KDAH’ 2012-2015.
- Awarded the First prize in ‘Youth participation for development on HIV/AIDS’ organized by UNICEF and Mumbai Districts AIDS Control Society, 2007.
- Awarded the First prize on O.R.S theme organized by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai, 2010.
- Awarded the Second prize on O.R.S theme organized by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai, 2009
- Awarded for distinctive educational work for the Indian Navy & the Indian Air Force.
- Penned many emergency medicine articles for newspapers and health magazines in India.
- A retrospective and prospective study on ‘Study of various factors influencing time to intervention in patients with Acute ST- Elevation Myocardial Infarction presenting to the Accident & Emergency Department of a private tertiary care hospital in Mumbai.
- ‘WHO – Growth and Nutrition of Children and Young Adults’, for the Department of Pediatrics, LTMMC, Mumbai.
- ‘Vaccine safety & Quality Control’ for the Department of PSM, LTMMC, Mumbai.
- ‘Setting up a Dialysis Unit’, for the Department of Nephrology, Global Hospital, Mumbai.
- ‘Patient Statistics and its improvement in the Accident & Emergency Department’, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.