Dr Prashant Borade
Department: Critical Care
Designation: Senior Consultant & Head of Department
Qualification: MBBS, M.D (General Medicine), MRCP (UK)Book an appointment
Dr. Prashant Borade is an internationally trained medical professional with an experience of over 20 years. After completing MD (General Medicine), Dr. Borade gained membership of the world-renowned Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), UK.
In UK; he went through training in Echocardiography and Ultrasonography (POCUS); for ICU and Accident & Emergency Care, ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) for Lung and Heart Transplant, Liver Diseases & Organ Transplant (ICU management), Advanced Life Support (ALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Non-Invasive Ventilation Courses.
He’s been associated with some of the top hospitals of UK such as Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Kings College Hospital and The Royal College of Physicians.
He has acquired knowledge, methods & guidelines of practicing Critical Care Medicine including cadaver maintenance and organ transplant, neuro-intensive care, emergency care, general, and evidence-based medicine from renowned specialists across various hospitals in India & the UK.
20 Years of Experience
Experience: From various hospitals in India & UK
- Critical Care Medicine
- Solid Organ Transplant intensive care (Liver, Lung, Heart & Kidney)
- Emergency Medicine
- Acute Care Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Medicine
- Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) & ARDS
- Transplant Intensive Care Medicine
- Cadaver maintenance and organ transplant
- Neuro-intensive care
- General medicine
- Instrumental in setting up and headed the Liver Transplant ICU at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH) and Global Hospital, Mumbai.
- Introduced, set up, and trained personnel in Invasive hemodynamic monitoring systems & use of POCUS in ICU’s and OT’s at KDAH & Global hospital Mumbai.
- Initiating, spearheading, motivating and successfully carrying out the ‘donation after brain death’ (DBD) program in Mumbai & Maharashtra
- ‘A Fishy Cause of Sudden Near-fatal Hypotension’ Resuscitation, Borade PS, et al.
- ‘Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome Mimicking Acute Inferolateral Myocardial Ischemia In Pneumonia’ Resuscitation, Borade PS, et al.
- ‘Modern H1-antihistamines In Asthma’. Drug Discovery Today, Borade PS, et al.
- Antibiotic resistance and nosocomial pneumonia. Respiratory Medicine, Borade PS, et al
- Management of primary and secondary spontaneous pneumothorax. Thorax, Borade PS, et al
- Nosocomial infections and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Chest, Borade PS, et al
- The effectiveness of a multidisciplinary approach in the management of lung cancer. eThorax , Borade PS, et al
- Safety of beta-blockers in COPD: the jury must still be out. Quarterly Journal of Medicine, Borade PS, et al
- Secondary care implementation of stepping-down inhaled corticosteroid therapy in stable asthma. Thorax, Borade PS, et al
- Beta2-adrenergic receptor polymorphism in asthma: prospective versus retrospective perspective. J Allergy Clin Immunol, Borade PS, et al
- What is the diagnosis? Respiratory Medicine, Borade PS, et al
- Clinical Picture – Lung whiteout with normal chest signs: diagnosis? Quarterly Journal of Medicine, Borade PS, et al
- Clinical picture. Chest X-ray: what feature is of most concern? Quarterly Journal of Medicine, Borade PS, et al
- Unusual Case of Claw Hand. Journal of Indian Rheumatology Association, Borade PS, et al
- Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and its Implications. Journal of General Medicine, Borade PS, et al