Dr Ankit Dalal
Qualification: MBBS, MD, DNB (Medical Gastroenterology)Book an appointment
Dr Ankit Dalal is a Consultant Gastroenterologist with expertise in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Medicine, advanced endoscopic procedures – EUS, ERCP, Third Space endoscopy, EMR and ESD, and participation in clinical trials as Principal Investigator and Co-PI.
After completing his M.B.B.S and M.D, Dr Dalal got his D.N.B from Apollo Hospital in Chennai. He also did a fellowship in Advanced Endoscopy at Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences, Global Hospital where he honed his skills and gained experience.
He has an exceptional academic record and has published many papers within his sphere of expertise in peer-reviewed journals. He is also a member of the prestigious Indian Society of Gastroenterology and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
3 Years of Experience
- July 2017 to Present :
Consultant Gastroenterologist at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Medicine
- Advanced endoscopic procedures – EUS, ERCP, Third Space endoscopy, EMR and ESD
- Received the Dr S K Sama Gold Medal in Gastroenterology for DNB Gastroenterology in 2015 awarded by the Honorable Vice President of India, Shri Venkaiah Naidu.
- Achieved 37th rank in the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam and 31st rank in the Maharashtra state Post Graduate Entrance Exam.
- Stood first in South Zone Torrent Young Scholar Award.
- ‘P-HPB-09: A novel algorithmic approach for endoscopic ultrasound-guided biliary drainage based on factors influencing success of endoscopic ultrasound-guided transpapillary stenting’ published in Endosc Ultrasound, by Ankit Dalal, et al.
- ‘The Usefulness of an Endoscopic OverStitch Suturing System for Managing Anastomotic Dehiscence – A Case Report’ published in Portuguese Journal of Gastroenterology, by Dalal A, et al.
- Desai N, Kalra A, Dalal A, Sarswat N, Ortman M. Cutaneous on ‘Cardiac myxomas in a patient with carney complex’.
- Dhir V, Adler DG, Dalal A, Aherrao N, Shah R, Maydeo A on ‘Early removal of biflanged metal stents in the management of pancreatic walled-off necrosis: a prospective study’.