Dr Amit Gupte
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology)Book an appointment
Dr Amit Gupte is an internationally trained medical professional, with an overall experience of 13+ years. He received his medical training from the renowned Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, after which he pursued Liver Intensive Care Observership in Kings College Hospital, London. Dr Gupte has been associated with some of the most renowned hospitals in the country. His skills and knowledge have been proven to be instrumental while handling various complex cases. Dr Gupte was a bright student with an impeccable academic record, for which he received various awards and scholarships. Today, he’s published several research papers in various esteemed national and international medical journals. He has also presented his papers at many conferences and CMEs where he received well-deserved appreciation.
13 Years of Experience
- October 2019 till date: Consultant Hepatologist, Global hospital, Mumbai
- April 2016 to September 2019:
- October 2015 to April 2016
- October 2014 to October 2015
- August 2014 to October 2014
- August 2011 to August 2014
- May 2007 to May 2010
Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central
Hepatology fellow, Department of Gastroenterology at Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Super-specialty Medical Officer (SSMO), Department of Gastroenterology at Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Senior registrar in Department of Gastroenterology at Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Registrar in Department of Gastroenterology at Seth G S Medical College & K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Registrar in Medicine at Government Medical College and SSG Hospital, Baroda
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Alcohol induced liver disease
- Fatty liver
- Autoimmune liver disorders
- Vascular liver disorders
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (Liver cancer)
- Acute liver failure
- Portal hypertension-medical and endoscopic management,
- Transplant Hepatology,
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Received Silver medal at the Homi Bhabha Young scientist examination during secondary school.
- Recipient of 2008, 2009 and 2010 Sir Ratan Tata National Scholarship
- Received 2nd prize for poster presentation at the National Conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISGCON) 2012.
- ‘Chronic HBV-infected subjects older than 35 years with persistently normal ALT and ultrasound, despite high viral load do not have significant fibrosis’ published in Indian J Gastroenterol, by Gupte A, et al.
- ‘Gastrodiscoides hominis infestation of colon: endoscopic appearance’ published in Gastrointest Endosc, by Gupte A, et al.
- ‘Autoimmune Hepatitis with distal renal tubular acidosis and small bowel malrotation’ published in Eur journal of hepatogastroenterology, by Amit Gupte, et al.
- ‘Primary systemic amyloidosis presenting as an intrahepatic space-occupying lesion’ published in Case Report Trop Gastroenterol, by Amit Gupte, et al.
- ‘CASE REPORT: Swallowed toothbrush: Case series’ published in Journal of Digestive Endoscopy, by Amit Gupte, et al.
- A textbook chapter on Ischemic hepatitis by Amit Gupte and Akash Shukla.
- ‘Long Term Outcomes of Patients with Significant Biliary Obstruction Due to Portal Cavernoma Cholangiopathy and Extra-Hepatic Portal Vein Obstruction (EHPVO) With No Shuntable Veins’ published Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, by Amit Gupte, et al.
- ‘Liver Transplantation – What the Physician Should Know?’ published in J Assoc Physicians India, by Gupte A, et al.
- ‘Endovascular treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome: Single-center experience’ published in J Gastroenterol Hepatol, by Gupte A, et al.