Dr. Anoop Chandrashekhar Dhamangaonkar
Department: Orthopaedics & Joint Replacements
Designation: Consultant – Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
Qualification: MS Orth., DNB Orth., D. Orth., FCPS Orth., MNAMS
Dr. Anoop C. Dhamangaonkar has been working as a Consultant Joint Replacement and Orthopaedic Surgeon with a rich experience of 12 years in the field. He has had an illustrious and meritorious career throughout. After completing his MBBS from Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, he completed his MS Orth., DNB Orth., D. Orth., FCPS Orth. from the prestigious LTMMC & GH, Sion Hospital. He has also bagged the Vice-Chancellor’s certificate of Merit for procuring the 5th Rank in the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik University Exams. He then completed his joint replacement fellowships from centers of world repute in Liverpool (UK), Hamburg (Germany) and Seoul (S. Korea). He had been working as an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Orthopaedics at LTMMC & GH, Sion for over 7 years. He is a MUHS University recognized Orthopaedics Postgraduate and Undergraduate Teacher. His scientific fervor has driven him to publishing more than 35 research papers in high impact international peer- reviewed journals. He was one of the Editors of the Arthroplasty Section of the prestigious Indian Journal of Orthopaedics (2019-2022).
He has performed several primary, aseptic and septic revision hip and knee replacement surgeries. Persistent and predictably good outcomes in joint replacement surgeries have been his hallmark over the past few years. He also focuses on Knee Preservation surgeries. He is one of the most versatile and prolific surgeons and performs a wide array of surgeries like spinal decompression, spine fusions, fracture cases, pelvi-acetabular trauma, neglected trauma cases and other challenging orthopaedic cases. His systematic, evidence-based, patient-centric approach is quite well known among his patients and peers alike. He has been a Faculty for many of the orthopaedic and joint replacement courses and conferences. He definitely is committed towards delivering world-class care to his patients with total dedication and compassion.
- Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Orthopaedics at LTMMC & GH, Sion over 7 years.
- MUHS University recognized Orthopaedics Postgraduate and Undergraduate Teacher.
|Secondary school examination||2001||Don Bosco High School, Matunga, Mumbai||Maharashtra University|
|Higher secondary school examination||2003||D. G. Ruparel College, Mumbai||Maharashtra University|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||2003-2009||Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai||Maharashtra University of Health sciences, Nashik|
|Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery (MS Orth)||2009-2012||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Gen.Hospital,Sion,Mumbai||Maharashtra University of Health sciences, Nashik|
|Diploma in Orthopaedics (D. Orth)||2009-2012||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Gen.
Hospital, Sion, Mumbai
|College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai|
|Diplomate of National
Board (DNB Orth)
|2009-2012||Post MS DNB from LTMGH and LTMMC||National Board of Examinations|
|Fellowship of College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai (FCPS Orth.)||2009-2012||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Gen.
Hospital, Sion, Mumbai
|College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai|
- Septic revision hip Revision surgery
- Total knee replacement surgery
- Knee Preservation surgery
- Executive Council Member, Bombay Orthopaedic Society 2022-2025
- Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai
Arthroplasty Fellowship training with a focus on minimally invasive and computer assisted arthroplasty of Hip and knee with Prof. Jun-dong Chang, at the Dongtan Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University Medical Center, South Korea.
Arthroplasty Fellowship with a focus on single stage septic exchange Revision Arthroplasty at Helios ENDO-Klinik Hamburg, Germany. This is the largest joint replacement centre in Europe performing around 7000 joint replacements every year.
Was awarded the BIOS Junior Fellowship 2018. I have visited hospitals in Liverpool and Mersey Deanery region, United Kingdom as a part of Adult Joint reconstruction fellowship.
Selected for the Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation Fellowship at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), New York, USA.
- Editorial Board member of the ‘Indian Journal of Orthopaedics’ (IJO), Arthropalsty Section (2019-2022)
- Reviewer for the ‘Journal of Orthopaedic Case Report
- Reviewer for “Asian Journal of Arthroplasty”
- Zahar A, Lausmann C, Cavalheiro C, Dhamangaonkar AC, Bonanzinga T, Gehrke T, Citak M. How Reliable Is the Cell Count Analysis in the Diagnosis of Prosthetic Joint Infection? J ARTHROPLASTY. 2018 Oct; 33(10):3257-3262.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Patankar HS. Antegrade joint sparing intramedullary wiring for middle phalanx shaft fractures. J HAND SURG AM. 2014 Aug;39(8):1517-23.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Joshi D, Goregaonkar AB, Tawari AA. Proximal femoral locking plate versus dynamic hip screw for unstable intertrochanteric femoral fractures. J ORTHOP SURG (HONG KONG). 2013 Dec;21(3):317-22.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB. Atypical Osteonecrosis of Humeral Head Following Anterior Shoulder Dislocation. JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDIC CASE REPORTS 2018. May- June; 8(3): 61-64.
- Kadam AB, Rathod AK, Dhamangaonkar AC. Giant cell tumor with pathological fracture of C2 with C1-C2 instability: A rare case with review of literature. J CRANIOVERT JUN SPINE 2018 (Issue Preparation)
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Tawari AA, Goregaonkar AB. Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva: a case report. J ORTHOP SURG (HONG KONG). 2013 Dec;21(3):383-6.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Patankar HS. Reverse Sural Fasciocutaneous Flap with a Cutaneous Pedicle to cover distal lower limb soft tissue defects: Experience of 109 clinical cases. J ORTHOP TRAUMATOL. 2014 Sep;15(3):225-9.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Joshi D, Goregaonkar AB, Phalak M. Pelvic deformity secondary to tensor fascia lata tightness associated with desmoid tumor. ORTHOPEDICS. 2013 Dec;36(12):e1563-6.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Patankar HS. Salvage of delayed union of a phalangeal fracture with “a hairpin wire”. HAND SURG. 2013;18(3):431-3.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Patankar HS. Treatment of Atrophic Non-Union of Middle Phalanx in a 9 year old boy with External Distraction and Bone Grafting. HAND SURG. 2014; 19(3):1- 5.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Joshi D, Kumar R, Goregaonkar AB. Patients with Blunt Traumatic Spine Injuries with Neurological deficits presenting to an Urban Tertiary Care Centre in Mumbai: an epidemiology study. MALAYSIAN ORTHOPAEDIC JOURNAL 2013; 7(1): 36-40.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB, Joshi D, Tawari AA. Jumpers’ Sacral Fracture with spinopelvic dissociation with Clay- Shoveler’s and calcaneal fracture. Journal Of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association 2012; 7(4): 13-14.
- Tawari AA, Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB. Management of Degenerative tears of Tendoachilles by Augmented Repair Using Peroneus Brevis Tendon: Early Results. MALAYSIAN ORTHOPAEDIC JOURNAL 2013; 7(1): 19-24.
- Joshi D, Dhamangaonkar AC, Ramawat S, Goregaonkar AB. Predictors of iatrogenic lateral wall fractures while treating intertrochanteric fracture femur with the dynamic hip screw system in Indian patients. EUR J ORTHOP SURG TRAUMATOL. 2015 May;25(4):677-82.
- Tawari AA, Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB. Bilateral Medial Rectus Insufficiency Following Spinal Fusion Surgery. Journal Of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association 2013; 8(1); 18-19.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Dynamic hip screw blade fixation for intertrochanteric hip fractures. J ORTHOP SURG (HONG KONG). 2013 Apr;21(1):132-3.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB. Internal fixation of fractures of both bones forearm: Comparison of locked compression and limited contact dynamic compression plate (Letter 1). INDIAN J ORTHOP. 2012 May;46(3):374-5.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Could we prevent displacing the undisplaced fracture neck of femur? To the editor. CLIN ORTHOP SURG. 2012 Jun;4(2):171-2.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Goregaonkar AB. Long-term outcome of total hip replacement in patients with or without femoral head contamination. J ORTHOP SURG (HONG KONG). 2011 Dec;19(3):395.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Author’s Reply to Readers’ comments on Proximal femoral locking plate versus dynamic hip screw for unstable intertrochanteric femoral fractures. J ORTHOP SURG (HONG KONG). 2014 Apr; 22(1): 131-2.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Why are students keeping away from wards? J POSTGRAD MED. 2008 Oct-Dec;54(4):331.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Kulkarni UP. Part 2: Readers respond to “Science and sensibility: an interview with professor Rolf M. Zinkernagel, Nobel Prize winner for medicine 1996”. MEDSCAPE J MED. 2008 Mar 31;10(3):76.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Kulkarni UP. Readers’ and authors’ responses to “Science and sensibility: an interview with professor Rolf M. Zinkernagel, Nobel Prize winner for medicine 1996”. MEDSCAPE J MED. 2008 Feb 18;10(2):39.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Developing countries’ scenario: Difficulties in health research or research despite difficulties? CURRENT SCIENCE 2008; 94(8): 964-5.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Mathew A, Pazare AR. Total Lymphocyte Count and Hemoglobin as a combined surrogate marker to initiate Highly Active AntiRetroviral Therapy (HAART) as against CD4 cell count. West Indian Med J. 2014 Sep;63(5):460-4.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. “Sleep”- A ‘Wake-up’ Call! WEST INDIAN MED J. 2013 Nov;62(8):767-9.
- Dhamangaonkar AC. Management Options and Treatment Algorithm in Intertrochanteric Fractures. TRAUMA INTERNATIONAL July-Sep 2015;1(1):12-16.
- Patankar HS, Panjwani TR, Memon FW, Dhamangaonkar AC. Novel correction and fixation technique of forearm deformity in cases of hereditary multiple exostoses. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2017 Jan; 3(1):645-648.
- Gedam PN, Dhamangaonkar AC, Parekh AN. A rare case of progressive Gorham’s disease of right shoulder girdle and cervical spine in a child: 10 year follow-up and a review of literature. JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDIC CASE REPORT. Oct-Dec 2015; 5(4): 30-33.
- Kadam AB, Dhamangaonkar AC. Giant Cell Tumour of Talus: T-construct method of bone grafting. FOOT ANKLE SPEC. 2017 Aug;10(4):364-367.
- Parekh SD, Goregaonkar AB, Dhamangaonkar AC, Deekshit AR, Kanade UP. Functional outcome of posterior laminectomy in case of cervical myelopathy with multilevel cervical cord compression. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2018; 4(4): 510-514
- Kumar G, Dhamangaonkar AC. Bisphosphonate associated Femoral stress fracture distal to an orthopaedic implant: They are predictable! J Clin Orthop Trauma. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2019.01.006
- Desai KB, Dhamangaonkar AC. A case of posterior HIP dislocation with intertrochanteric fracture:
Beware of the sharp calcar spike. J Clin Orthop Trauma.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2019.04.014
- Banerjee S, Dhamangaonkar AC, Banshelkikar S, Suresh G. Observational study of vacuum assisted closure for treatment of compound fractures. International Journal of Scientific Research. Volume-9 | Issue-5 | May-2020 | PRINT ISSN No. 2277 – 8179.
- Sathe AH, Goregaonkar AB, Dhamangaonkar AC, Waghmare G. Short term clinical outcomes of antibiotic impregnated cemented intramedullary nails in open fractures of tibia. International Journal of Scientific Research. Volume – 9 | Issue – 6 | June – 2020 | PRINT ISSN No. 2277 – 8179.
- Dhamangaonkar AC, Sathe A, Banerjee S. An Unusual case of Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of Proximal phalanx in a 2 year old child. The Journal of Hand Surgery (Asian-Pacific Volume) 2020; Vol. 25, No. 01, pp. 114-118.
- Patil SS, Kane D, Dhamangaonkar A, Avhad V. Retrospective analysis of pain relief in total knee replacement surgeries. Anesth Essays Res 2020; 14:555-60.
- Bagaria V., Kulkarni RV, Valavi A, Choudhury H, Dhamangaonkar AC, Sahu D. The feasibility of direct adductor canal block (DACB) as a part of periarticular injection in total knee arthroplasty. Knee Surgery & related Research 2020 September 21, 32 (1): 48c