Dr Anurag Shrimal
Department: HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant
Designation: Senior Consultant & Lead Pediatric Liver Transplant Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, MS, DNB, M.N.A.M.S, Fellowship-ASTSBook an appointment
Dr Anurag Shrimal is one of the country’s leading Liver (Adult & Pediatric), Pancreas and Intestine Transplant surgeon with around 17 years of experience. He has an impressive background in education, training and certification.
Currently, he is a Senior Consultant, HPB Surgery, Liver and Pancreas Transplantation and Lead Consultant, Pancreas & Pediatric Liver Transplantation at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
Dr Shrimal has received his training at internationally acclaimed centers. He did his M.B.B.S and M.S General Surgery from Seth G.S Medical College and KEM Hospital, along with a D.N.B in General Surgery. He pursued an ASTS Fellowship in Multi-Organ Abdominal Transplant Surgery from Duke University, USA, a Del Stickel Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship from DUMC, USA, and a Visiting International Fellowship at Department for Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery, Asan Medical Centre, South Korea. He did his residency in Surgical Oncology at the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
Besides being a highly skilled surgeon, Dr Shrimal is also a member of various organizations, such as the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, The Transplant Transplantation Society, Society of Pediatric Liver Transplantation, International Liver Transplant Society, and Liver Transplantation Society of India among others.
17 Years of Experience
- 2018 – Present
Senior Consultant HPB Surgery, Liver and Pancreas Transplantation
Lead Consultant – Pancreas & Pediatric Liver Transplantation,
Global Hospitals, Mumbai, India
- 2012 – 2014
Fellow, Del Stickel Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship,
Duke University Medical Centre, Durham, NC, USA
- 2011 – 2012
Fellow, Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery Fellowship
Centre for Liver Disease & Transplantation
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India
- Pediatric Liver Transplantation
- Adult Liver Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- HPB Surgery
- Young Achievers Award – Liver Transplantation and GI Surgery – Times Health Care 2018
- A Multicentric Experience on Living Donor Liver Transplantation in COVID-19 Hotspots in India.
Varghese J, Malleeswaran S, Patcha RV, Appusamy E, Karnan P, Kapoor D, Kota V, Kedarisetty CK, Singh B, Rao PS, Yalakanti RB, Mohanka R, Shrimal A, Nikam V, Kumar K, Shenvi SD, Pillai VB, Heaton ND.
Liver Transpl. 2020 Nov 30. doi: 10.1002/lt.25957. Online ahead of print.
- Acute liver failure secondary to yellow phosphorus rodenticide poisoning: Outcomes at a center with dedicated liver intensive care and transplant unit.
Mohanka R, Rao P, Shah M, Gupte A, Nikam V, Vohra M, Kohli R, Shrimal A, Golhar A, Panchwagh A, Kamath S, Shukla A, Patel P, Chattopadhyay S, Chaubal G, Shaikh Y, Dedhia V, Sarmalkar SS, Maghade R, Shinde K, Bhilare P, Nalawade R, As J, Shah S.
J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2020 Oct 8. doi: 10.1016/j.jceh.2020.09.010. Online ahead of print.
- Nail Changes in Cirrhosis and Reversal After Adult & Pediatric Liver Transplantation.
Shrimal A, Gupte AA.
J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2020 Sep-Oct;10(5):531-532. doi: 10.1016/j.jceh.2020.04.005. Epub 2020 Apr 15.
- Dual graft living donor liver transplantation – a case report.
Vinayak N, Ravi M, Ankush G, Rashmi B, Prashantha R, Parul G, Anurag S.
BMC Surg. 2019 Oct 22;19(1):149. doi: 10.1186/s12893-019-0606-5.
- Portal Vein Embolization for Future Liver Remnant Enhancement and Combined Modality Treatment for the Management of Post-hepatic Resection Biliary Fistula in an 18-Month Old Child With Hepatoblastoma.
Kannappan O, Keditsu K, Bhagat M, Shrimal A, Polnaya A, Kulkarni S, Qureshi SS.
Front Surg. 2019 Sep 13;6:54. doi: 10.3389/fsurg.2019.00054. eCollection 2019.
- Mesenteric Panniculitis-First Case Series After Bariatric Surgery.
Nasta AM, Patel D, Shrivastav O, Goel M, Shrimal A, Gupte A, Goel R.
Obes Surg. 2018 Mar;28(3):881-885. doi: 10.1007/s11695-017-3103-x.
- Report of Mesocaval Shunt in the Management of Variceal Hemorrhage Following Gastric Bypass Surgery.
Shrimal A, Sudan R, Chaubal G, Zaaroura A, Williams K, Ravindra K.
J Gastrointest Surg. 2017 Oct;21(10):1742-1745. doi: 10.1007/s11605-017-3450-x. Epub 2017 May 18.
- May-Thurner syndrome complicating left-sided donor nephrectomy.
Rege AS, Rendell VR, Shrimal A, Engstrom BI, Miller MJ, Bashir MR, Brennan TV.
Transplantation. 2014 Apr 15;97(7):e40-1. doi: 10.1097/TP.0000000000000044.
PMID: 24686428 No abstract available.
- Interventional radiological treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: an update.
Shrimal A, Prasanth M, Kulkarni AV.
Indian J Surg. 2012 Feb;74(1):91-9. doi: 10.1007/s12262-011-0377-4. Epub 2011 Dec 13.
- Campylobacter bacteremia: A case report
Parikh H, Shrimal A, Gupta G
IP International Journal of Medical Microbiology and Tropical Diseases. 2019 Oct; 5(3):174-175
- A case of liver transplant in leptospirosis induced acute on chronic liver failure
Katari S, Narreddy S, Varma M, Shrimal A, Barigala R K, Balasubramaninum M, Rao R, Ratnamani M
International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2016 April; 45(1):198
- Vascularised Composite Liver and Posterior Rectus Sheath Transplantation Video Presentation. Shrimal A, Manish C Varma.
October 2015, Conference: The Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, October 2015, Chennai, India
- Extended Hepataectomy after Sequential Trans Arterial Chemoembolization and Portal Vein Embolization: Initial Experience
Ramamurthy A, Vibhute B, Shrimal A, Gopashetty M, Varma M, Kumar R, Khakkar A
October 2012, Conference: XXII National Conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology Bengaluru, India