Dr Vibhor V Borkar
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Paediatrics), PDCC, DM (Ped Gastroenterology)Book an appointment
Dr Vibhor Borkar is a gastroenterologist with over 14 years of experience. He’s one of the first professionals in India to get a DM in Pediatric Gastroenterology. He’s highly skilled and is proficient in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, pancreatic disorders, and clinical nutrition.
He has been instrumental in optimising many children for liver transplant surgeries and offered ICU care to them. He has conducted many workshops on Paediatric nutrition and Paediatric endoscopies. To hone his skills further he has done many short courses such as Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Basic Pediatric Intensive Care Course, and others.
Dr Borkar has published papers in various indexed journals and also presented research work and oral lectures at various national and international conferences.
Memberships of scientific societies:
Indian Academy Pediatrics (IAP)- Life member
Indian society of Gastroenterology (ISG) – Life member
Indian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ISPGHAN) – Life member
European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN)- Member
Liver Transplant Society of India (LTSI)- Founder member and life member
Indian Medical Association (IMA) – Life member
14 Years of Experience
Pancreatic Liver Transplant at Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- October 2014 to December 2014
Senior Resident in Pediatric Liver transplantation, Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- APC for SRUS and vascular malformations
- Percutaneous Liver Biopsies
- PEG tube insertions
- Management of Post-Liver Transplantation in Children
- Received the Young Investigator Award at ESPGHAN 2015, 48th annual conference.
- Received the Travel Award for ESPGHAN GI summer school workshop, 2014.
- Borkar VV, Poddar U, Kapoor A, Ns S, Srivastava A, Yachha SK. Hepatopulmonary Syndrome: Does It Occur in Children with Extrahepatic Portal Venous Obstruction? Liver Int. 2015 Jun; 35 (6): 1665-72
Impact factor- 4.4
- Borkar VV, Poddar U, Kumari N, Singh S, Roy R, Yachha SK . Duodenal Morphometry and Small Bowel Permeability in Children with Portal Hypertension. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2015 Feb; 60 (2): 171-6, Impact factor-2.9
- Borkar VV, Devidayal, Verma S, Bhalla AK. Low levels of vitamin D in North Indian children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Pediatr Diabetes. 2010 Aug; 11(5): 345-50. Impact factor- 2.1
- Srivastava A, Yadav SK, Borkar VV, Yadav A, Yachha SK, Thomas MA, Rathore RK, Pandey CM, Gupta RK. Serial evaluation of children with ALF with advanced MRI, serum proinflammatory cytokines, thiamine, and cognition assessment. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012 Nov; 55(5):580-6. Impact factor -2.9
- Palaniappan K, Borkar VV, Safwan M, Vij M, Govil S, Shanmugam N, Rela M. Pediatric hepatocellular carcinoma in a developing country: Is the etiology changing? Pediatr Transplant. 2016; 20 (7) 898- 903. Impact Factor-1.9
- Chaubal G, Borkar VV, Shetty G, Chattopadhyay S, Bahure U, Badhe R, Udare A, Shah S, Gupte P, Shukla A, Rela M, Mohanka R. Estimation of liver volume in the western Indian population. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2016; 35 (4): 274-9. Impact factor-0.86
- Poddar U, Borkar V, Yachha SK, Srivastava A. Endoscopic management of bleeding gastric varices with N-butyl, 2-cyanoacrealate glue injection in children with noncirrhotic portal hypertension. Endoscopy International Open 2016; 4: E1063-7
- Singh SK, Borkar V, Srivastava A, Mathias A, Yachha SK, Poddar U. Need for recognizing atypical manifestations of childhood sporadic acute viral hepatitis warranting differences in management. Eur J Pediatr. 2019 Jan;178(1):61-67.
- Borkar VV, Poddar U, Thakral A, Agarwal J, Srivastava A, Yachha SK, Kumar S. Intussusception in celiac disease: Is it a common feature in children? J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Feb;33(2):380-384.
- Poddar U, Yachha SK, Borkar V, Srivastava A. Is acute recurrent pancreatitis in children a precursor of chronic pancreatitis? A long-term follow-up study of 93 cases. Dig Liver Dis. 2017 Jul;49(7):796-801
- Poddar U, Yachha SK, Borkar V, Srivastava A, Saraswat VA. Clinical profile and treatment outcome of chronic pancreatitis in children: a long-term follow-up study of 156 cases. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2017 Jun – Jul;52(6-7):773-778
- Poddar U, Yachha SK, Borkar V, Srivastava A, Kumar S. A Report of 320 Cases of Childhood Pancreatitis: Increasing Incidence, Etiologic Categorization, Dynamics, Severity Assessment, and Outcome. Pancreas. 2017 Jan;46(1):110-115.
- Poddar U, Borkar V. Management of extra hepatic portal venous obstruction (EHPVO): current strategies. Trop Gastroenterol. 2011 Apr-Jun; 32(2):94-102, Impact factor- 1.9
- Borkar VV, Naranje KM. (2016). ‘Umbilical hernia in children: A review’. Pediatric Oncall. Open access. https://www.pediatriconcall.com/articles/pediatric-gi-and-hepatology/umbilical-hernia/umbilical-hernia-introduction#1946. Last accessed on 11 September 2019.
- Borkar VV, Sachade V, Mohanka R, Shah S. Neoantal cholestasis. What should I do as a Pediatrician? New Indian J Pediatrics 2015; 4: 150- 155
- Upadhyaya VD, Kumar B, Gupta R, Sharma MS, Lal R, Borkar VV, Malik R. Spontaneous perforation of a choledochal cyst, clues for diagnosis. Annals Pediatr Surg. 2013; 3: 99–102.
- Borkar VV, Birader V, Kadam P, Baldua V, Castilino N, et al. (2017) An Unusual Case of Colitis in an Immune-Competent Term Infant. Gastroenterol Hepatol Open Access 6(2): 00189. DOI: 10.15406/ghoa.2017.06.00189
Text book chapter:
- Borkar VV, Shah S. Hepatitis C, Paradigm shift in the management. APICON 2016 Textbook. Chapter 76. Pages 339-341.