Dr Ghulam Muqtada Khan
Qualification: MBBS, MS, MCh
Dr Ghulam Muqtada Khan is a leading neurosurgeon with over 24 years of experience in the field. He has served as a consultant neurosurgeon for some of Mumbai’s biggest hospitals and specializes in endoscopic brain and spine surgery, as well as minimally invasive brain and spine surgery.
Dr G M Khan obtained his M.B.B.S, M.S. from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh and his M. Ch. Neurosurgery from Mumbai University. With a reputation for excellence in the field, Dr Khan is also a respected member of the Bombay Neurosciences Association and The Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr Khan has been prolific in his contribution to the field of neurosurgery with numerous published papers in both national and international journals.
24 Years of Experience
- 2012 – Present
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosciences, Global Hospital, Mumbai
- 2005 – 2014
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosciences, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- 2001 – 2005
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosciences, Habib Hospital, Mumbai
Clinical Associate Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosciences, PD Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai
- 1999 – 2000
Lecturer Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosciences, Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Hospital, Mumbai
Surgical Assistant, Dr. U. S. Vengsarkar, Harkisondas N. Hospital, Mumbai
- 1996 – 1999
Senior Resident Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosciences, Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Hospital, Mumbai
- 1995 – 1996
Senior Resident Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosciences, Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Science, Mumbai
- Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Brain Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Reducing CSF shunt placements in patients with spinal myelomeningocele, Snakhla S, Khan G.M. J pediatr Neurosci 2009, Jan; 4 (1): 2-9.
- Intramedullary epidermoid cyst in cervicodorsal spinal cord, Jadhav RN, Khan G.M. Palande DA. J Neurosurg, 1999 Jan;90(1 Suppl): 161
- Cauda equina paraganglioma presenting with intracranial hypertension: a case report and review of the literature. Snakhla S, Khan G.M,Neurol India 2004 Jun; 52 (2):243-4.
- Delayed tension pneumocephalus: a rare complication of shunt surgery. Snakhla S, Khan G.M,Khan MA, Neurol India 2004 Sep;52 (3):401-2.
- Surgical management of selected pituitary macroadenomas using extended endoscopic endonasal transsphenoidal approach:early experience, Snakhla S, Jayashankar N, Khan G.M ,Neurol India 2013 Mar-Apr,61 (2):122-30.