Dr Naren Nayak
Qualification: MBBS, MS, MCh
Dr Naren Nayak is a reputed neurosurgeon with over a decade’s experience in his speciality. Dr Nayak has served in the role of Consultant Neurosurgeon for some of Mumbai’s leading hospitals and has considerable experience in trauma care, also serving as an Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery at the country’s first medical college to start a trauma care centre.
Dr Naren Nayak obtained his M.B.B.S from Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital in 2000 and his M.S. in General surgery four years later from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. In 2008, he went on to earn his M. Ch. Neurosurgery degree from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology. He subsequently completed his Fellowship in Stereotaxy and Functional Neurosurgery under Prof Takaomi Taira from Department of Neurosurgery, TWMU, Tokyo, Japan. He has spent over a decade at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital and Medical College as an Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery and Consultant Neurosurgeon.
In 2015, Dr Naren Nayak along with Dr Pankaj Agarwal (Movement disorder Neurologist) started the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) program at Global Hospitals, Parel. Since then, deep brain stimulation has been used successfully to treat patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor and Dystonia.
Dr Nayak is also an esteemed member of some notable medical groups like the Neurological Society of India, Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India, and AOSpine Asia Pacific. He has contributed greatly to numerous peer-reviewed journals and his papers have been published in the Asian Journal of Neurosurgery, The Indian Journal of Neurotrauma, and the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry, among others.
11 Years of Experience
Consultant Neurosurgeon at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery for Parkinson’s Disease, Essential tremor and Dystonia.
- Neuro Oncology
- Spine surgery
- Emergency neurotrauma procedures
Dr Nayak has published more than 25 articles some of them are –
- A Unique Pediatric Case of Intratumoral Hemorrhage in a Sporadic Vestibular Schwannoma. Diyora B, Bhende B, Kotecha N, Mulla M, Dhal G, Nayak N. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2019 Apr-Jun; 10(2):374-378.
- Concurrent Spinal Epidural Tubercular and Pyogenic Abscess of Cervical Spine without Bony
- Diyora B, Patil S, Bhende B, Patel M, Dhall G, Nayak N. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2019 Apr-Jun; 10(2):374-378.
- Ventral Craniovertebral Junction Arachnoid Cyst in an Elderly Patient- A Case Report of a Unique Occurrence at Extremes of Age. Diyora B, Bhende B, Dhall G, Patil A, Nayak N. World Neurosurg. 2019 Feb; 122:577-582.
- Subcutaneous Cerebrospinal Fluid Pseudocyst: An Unusual Complication of Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt. Diyora B, Bhende B, Dhall G, Kamble H, Nayak N. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2019 Jan-Mar; 10(1):164-165.
- An Infected Dermoid Cyst Without a Sinus Tract: A Rarity Mimicking a Spinal Tumour. Diyora BD, Bhende B, Nayak N, Sharma AK. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2018 Oct-Dec; 13(4):474-479.
- Cervical Intramedullar Cystic Teratoma without Sinus Tract: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Diyora B, Kukreja S, Mulla M, Bhende B, Nayak N. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2018 Oct-Dec; 9(4):631-635.
- Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation Associated with a Cyst. Diyora B, Patil S, Bhende B, Nayak N. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2018 Jul-Sep; 9(3):420-422.
- Spontaneous Resolution of Bilateral Chronic Subdural Hematoma. Baldawa SS, Nayak N. Turk Neurosurg. 2015; 25(5):835-6.
- Cerebral nocardiosis. Baldawa S, Nayak N, Kukreja S,D’souza D, Diyora B,Sharma A. Asian J Neurosurg. 2014 Oct-Dec; 9(4):245.
- Complete third nerve palsy: Only presenting sign of extradural hematoma in an awake patient. Diyora B, Kukreja S, Nayak N, Kamble H, Sharma A. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2014 May; 7(2):103-4.
- Hemorrhagic colloid cyst: Case report and review of literature.Diyora B, Nayak N, Kukreja
- S, Sharma A. Asian J Neurosurg. 2013 Jul; 8(3):162.
- Acute Subdural Hematoma Masqueradind as Extradural Hematoma on Imaging. Baldawa S, Nayak N, Kukreja S,Sharma A. Neurosurg. Sci. 2013; 1(1):1-3.
- Unusual Clinical Manifestation of hypertensive cerebellar hemorrhage. Nayak N, Baldawa S, Diyora B, Sharma A. Asian J Neurosurg. 2011 Jul; 6(2):123-4.