Dr Shreedhar Archik
Department: Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics), Diploma (Orthopaedics),PG Diploma (Medico-Legal Systems), PG Diploma (Hospital Management)Book an appointment
Dr Shreedhar Archik is an adept medical professional with years of rich experience. He’s an expert in the field of orthopedics. He’s been associated with renowned hospitals and medical institutes of India such as Global Hospital, Lilavati Hospital, Hinduja Healthcare, and Shushrusha Hospital. He’s also been a lecturer in the department of orthopedics at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and Oxford University, UK, both world-renowned institutions.
He’s been an academic scholar and has had an impeccable academic record, for which he was granted Postgraduate Merit Scholarships by the University of Bombay for three consecutive years (1987-1989).
Dr Archik is also an esteemed member of various associations and societies such as the British Orthopaedic Research Society, Indian Society of hip and knee surgeons, Bombay Orthopaedic Society, ASAMI – India, and Girdlestone Orthopaedic Society, Oxford, among others.
His will for serving people is not limited to the patients in the hospital. He strives to help people in as much as possible for which he’s recently formed a joint replacement trust fund with the community fund organization called NAVAM. The objective of his trust is to provide financial aid to poor patients needing joint replacement surgery. He also consults and operates needy patients free of charge.
21+ Years of Experience
Senior Consultant – Orthopedics and Joint Replacement, Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- February 1991 to December 1995
Limb Reconstruction Fellow, Lecturer Dept. of Orthopedics, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford
- DNB (ORTHO) Teacher for 21 years
Former Lecturer in Department of Orthopedics University of Oxford, UK
- He specializes in joint preservation surgeries around the knee and is an expert in Osteotomies around the knee.
- Complex and revision trauma surgeries.
- Awarded Postgraduate Merit Scholarships by the University of Bombay for the years 1987, 1988 and 1989
- Archik was awarded M.Sc. from Oxford university for his pioneering research in Limb lengthening
- He was trained in Hamburg , Germany for computer assisted joint replacement surgeries.
- ‘Progressive Pseudorheumatoid Chondrodysplasia Simulating Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis’ published in the Indian Journal of Paediatrics, by Archik S.G. and Kamath R.
- ‘Early Results of Unconventional Pedicular Screw-Plate Fixations: The Indian Experience’ published in Spine, by Bhojraj S.Y. and Archik S.G.
- ‘Prevention Of Deformity And Complications Arising From Excessive Tension During Leg Lengthening and Prevention of Congenital Anomalies Thesis’ For M.Sc. Oxford University.
- ‘Effect of Size and Geometry on the Measurement of Bending Stiffness’ published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, by Archik S.G, Gardner T, Evans M, Simpson A.H.R.W, Kenwright J.