Dr Kamini Mehta
Department: Nephrology and Renal Transplant
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Pediatrics), DNB (Pediatrics)Book an appointment
Dr Kamini Mehta is an accomplished Pediatric Nephrologist with nearly two decades’ experience in the field. Her areas of special expertise include acute renal failure, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, Nephrotic Syndrome, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), and Steroid Resistant Nephrotic Syndrome. She is proficient in performing kidney transplant treatment for children with end stage renal diseases and has also done kidney trasplant of younger children including three years old child at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
Dr Mehta earned her MBBS from TN Medical College, Mumbai, and her MD in pediatrics from Grant Medical College, Mumbai. She also went on to specialize in nephrology, with a DNB in both specialties – pediatrics and nephrology from the National Board Delhi. Dr Mehta then did her fellowship from some of the world’s leading health care facilities including Sydney Children’s Hospital and NUS Singapore, among others.
Dr Mehta has contributed greatly to her field through lectures,participated in various debates at state and national levels, participation in workshops, and prolific research. She has delivered lectures at the Lilavati Hospital and Research Center. She has also delivered lectures at city, state and national level conferences such as National Pediatric Nephrology Conference, and the National ISPN Conference, to name a few. Her papers have also been published in reputed journals like the Journal of Tropical Pediatrics and Journal of the Association of Physicians of India.
With a passion for medicine and a commitment to her patients, Dr. Mehta has excelled in the field of pediatric nephrology. Today, she serves as a Consultant Pediatric Nephrologist for organizations like Global Hospital Mumbai, Kids Kidney Care in Matunga, Mumbai.
18 Years of Experience
Consultant Pediatric Nephrologist at Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
Consultant Pediatric Nephrologist at Kids Kidney Care, Matunga, Mumbai.
Fellowship, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Syndey Children’s Hospital, Australia
- Urinary tract infection
- Kidney stones
- Red Urine
- Chronic renal failure
- Children with proteinuria
- Tracheal suction in meconium stained infants: A randomized controlled study. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics Vol. 40 August 1994.
- Vancomycin – When to consider? The Indian Practitioner August 1999 Vol.52, No.8: 553-554
- Nephrotic syndrome in children-A Practical Approach. The Indian Practitioner. April 2000:V0153: No.4: 259-263.
- Dual Kidney transplantation- A solution for less than ideal brain dead donors. JAPI Vol49, December 2001:1197-1199.
- Anatomy of Human kidneys: Page 3-7: Principles and practice of pediatric nephrology: Editors, Dr.B.R. Nammalwar and Dr M. Vijaykumar
- Basic renal physiology: Page 8-14: Principles and practice of Pediatric nephrology: Editors, Dr.B.R. Nammalwar and Dr M. Vijaykumar.
- Academic Editor & contributor for the IAP Sub speciality book on Pediatric Nephrology. Chapter on Electrolyte disorders Page 75-91