- Why choose us?
- Our Doctors
- Out-Patient Services
Department of Childcare
Welcome to the Department of Child care at Global Hospitals, Mumbai. We have a specialized team with some of the best paediatricians in Mumbai on board, providing you with the best treatment under excellent medical facilities. We aim to provide high-standard of care for critically ill children and provide them with greater medical assistance.
We have a team of experienced doctors and child care specialists to improve the quality of child health and provide the best treatment possible. Being one of the best paediatric hospitals in Mumbai, we strive to perform and excel in our jobs. With joy and humility, we address the unique and evolving needs of every child and help in shaping the future generation with expert paediatric care. We have different services provided by the hospital such as Wellness Visits, Immunizations Walk-In, Clinic Prenatal Visits, New-born Visits, Hospital Visits, Circumcisions, Lab, X-ray, Sports Physicals, Nutrition Information, etc.
Why choose us for Child Care & Paediatric Services?
You will experience the best care and treatment here. All our technological advancements are solely dedicated to child care and for the betterment of our patients. It is the combined effort of training and technology that makes our paediatric department, class-apart, and that is why we are known to be amongst the best podiatric hospitals in Mumbai. We will help you in going through all the options and assist you in making healthy and fully informed decisions.
We make sure that you never have any doubts about the medication we provide. We have the most experienced doctors and specialists to give you expert advice when you have any confusion regarding any matter. We have grown continuously and evolved to meet the needs of the families we serve. We have some of the best child care doctors in Mumbai on board. Our department’s advantage is that, that we not only provide care and treatment but also promote preventive care by educating them about periodic comprehensive health check-ups.
Diagnosis for Paediatric Diseases and Conditions
We develop diagnostic and treatment plan catering to the needs of the child and the family. And once we are satisfied with it, we facilitate further evaluation and treatment with the larger team, which consists of some of the best paediatricians in Mumbai. We coordinate and communicate well with the staff and doctors of our hospital so that nothing is compromised in giving the best treatment. Being one of the best paediatric hospitals in Mumbai, we also have world-class doctors to provide the best and comprehensive diagnosis for children and infants. We aim to improve the health of the children by modelling the best health treatment plans and executing the same with the help of the best medical facilities. Being one of the best children’s hospitals in Mumbai is what motivates us to push ourselves to give out the best.
Our hospitals have been developing every year and have various technologies to diagnose any and every child’s health issues. We have been improving ourselves to provide you with the most updated technologies and give the best treatment possible. Basic diagnostic facilities that are available on a 24-hour basis for children and infants at our centre include the following:
- Routine x-ray imaging for abdominal, skull, thoracic, and orthopaedic studies
- Clinical laboratories that provide haematology, blood chemistry, and blood gas studies from small volume blood samples and blood banking services with prompt response times
- Pharmacy services providing age- and size-appropriate drugs and dosing
- Access to references for drug information and drug dosing
- Availability of the following services as and when needed: child life; social work; and respiratory, physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
Some of the other diagnosis facilities are:
- Defibrillator designed with paddles for infants and children and an easily readable chart for reference
- Scales and stadiometer for infants and children
- Thermometers and blood pressure measuring device for paediatric patients
- Cardiorespiratory monitors
- Pulse oximeters
- Papoose board for immobilization of infants and toddlers
- Backboard for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Portable lamps for emergency bedside procedures
- Motor-driven nebulizers and electric suction machines
- 24 hours access to an electrocardiograph machine
- Wheelchairs, crutches, slings, and splints for all paediatric age groups
Apart from these, we have various medical facilities to provide a comprehensive and best treatment to the children, which will make their recovery more comfortable.
Treatment for Paediatric Diseases and Conditions
Being one of the best hospitals for childcare in Mumbai, our paediatric medical experts provide the highest quality care to the children and infants. Along with the health care team, we are dedicated to providing excellent medical treatment to all our paediatric patients. Having some of the best paediatricians in Mumbai, the seamless collaboration between primary care and specialty care ensures that we will provide the best and most effective medical treatments to all the patients we serve.
General Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine: GPAM experts give an evaluation, assessment, and management for children and teenagers with diagnostic difficulties and those with complex medical needs. Patients who are seen in GPAM clinics may also require the involvement of multiple paediatric specialists. We also perform health care check-ups, research, training and teaching, and advocacy which is dedicated to the well-being of all children by improving the quality of primary health care; and Understanding, preventing and addressing major causes of child, adolescent, and young adult’s poor health and mortality. We have some of the best paediatric specialists in Mumbai to perform the best treatment for the children.
Some areas of our clinical expertise include:
- Adolescent medicine
- HIV and AIDS prevention and care
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Children and youth special-healthcare needs
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Developmental screening and referral
- Drug and alcohol use and abuse
- Family support
- Injury prevention
- Management of chronic diseases in children
- Mental health care for children and families
- Neurally mediated hypotension
- Obesity prevention and management
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery: Children tend to be playful. It is their nature. And during their playtime, it is natural to get hurt. Our Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeon knows how to examine a child during this situation, and they handle it pretty well. A child’s musculoskeletal system is different from that of an adult. It is in a developing stage and needs to be handled delicately. Our hospital has dedicated paediatric orthopaedic surgeons who diagnoses, treats, and manage children’s musculoskeletal problems, such as:
- Spine Conditions: A normal spine is strong and mobile. While it varies from the shape and size of the person, a healthy spine has a natural front-to-back curve, and if it isn’t like that, the child may have a spine problem such as Kyphosis, Hypo-kyphosis, Thoracic lordosis, and Hyper-lordosis.
- Hip Conditions: A child who has a hip problem may feel pain in the hip, groin, thigh, or knee. He or she may limp or be unable to stand, walk, or move the hurt leg. Hip problems may be congenital (at the time of birth) or may develop due to an injury, inflammation, infection, or tumour growth.
- Knee conditions: Kids and teens may injure a knee in a fall or accident. Active and athletic kids might have more knee injuries. These knee injuries happen when they train too much or makes repetitive motions involving the knee. Some of the knee injuries are Osgood-Schlatter disease, Osteochondritis dissecans, and Bursitis.
- Foot and ankle conditions: When a child grows, one might notice they are not walking straight or maybe walking narrow. These may happen because of conditions like Flatfeet, toe walking, pigeon toes, bowlegs, and knock-knees.
- Shoulder conditions: The shoulder joint is a complex joint that combines many bones, tendons, and muscles, which allows an extensive range of motion of the arm. The broad range of motion of the shoulder makes it more likely to worsen the injury, which can cause shoulder pain. Your child may feel pain only with few movements – such as throwing a baseball – or it may be a constant pain. Specific actions or sports cause many shoulder conditions. Hockey shoulder injuries, as well as skiing and snowboarding, shoulder injuries, are common.
Genetic Diseases: Genetic disorder is a type of disease that includes certain types of congenital disabilities, developmental problems, chronic illnesses, and sensory deficits that are inherited from one or both parents. Some of them may be Ear abnormalities, unusually shaped eyes, Facial features that are unusual or different from other family members, Different coloured eyes, Brittle or sparse hair, Excessive body hair, White patches of hair, A large or small tongue, etc.
General conditions can be the different surgeries that the child has to go through after they are born. Some may be Appendicitis, Biliary atresia, Cancer, Gallbladder problems, Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), Gastroschisis, Hernia, Hirschsprung’s disease, Obesity, Imperforate anus (anal atresia), Necrotizing enterocolitis, Pectus carinatum, reproductive disorders, Short bowel syndrome, spleen disorders, etc.
Our Doctors – Child Care Specialists/Paediatricians
The Department of Paediatrics at Global Hospitals, Mumbai has some of the best set of doctors, surgeons, and specialists on board who specialize in the treatment of diseases and disorders in children. We have some of the best paediatricians in Mumbai to give expert medical advice, which you require. They are well-trained and have an excellent knowledge of their work and specialization. They excel in their fields and treat their children with utmost care. Being one of the best hospitals for child care in Mumbai, we can assure you that you will be in great hands and will have a very comfortable journey to recovery.
Dr Kamini Mehta
MBBS, MD, DNB
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.