Department of Ear, Nose & Throat Care
Problems of the Ear, Nose and Throat can be effectively resolved with timely detection, expert care, and the latest technology. The Ear, Nose and Throat region are commonly affected by infections and at Global Hospitals, Mumbai it is our ongoing endeavour provide advanced intervention & care for such disorders. Hearing disorders, foreign objects in the body, swallowing problems are some of the other commonly associated ENT issues.
Why Choose Us?
The Department of ENT at Global Hospitals, Mumbai offers excellent treatment and care for Ear, Nose & Throat issues, by an expert panel of specialists and aided by state-of-the-art infrastructure. A dedicated staff, advanced diagnostic methods and commitment makes us one of the best ENT facilities in Mumbai. We also provide preventive diagnosis, education & awareness, and complex surgical procedures for our patients.
Except if it is an emergency, you and your primary care physician may discuss the medicinal medical procedure systems as a way to deal with address your condition upon assurance. This decision relies upon the careful appraisal of your therapeutic history and subsequent helpful tests, for instance, blood tests, X-pillars, MRI, CT yield, electrocardiogram, or other research office work performed to choose the precise assurance.
The Department of ENT at Global Hospitals is recognized as one of the best ENT hospitals in Mumbai as it uses advanced symptomatic and examination methods to grasp the reality and also and then provide a personalized treatment plan. The hospital offers preventive systems, guidance, and supervision by some of the best ENT doctor in Mumbai.
Signs and Symptoms
- If you have a lump in your neck, for more than two weeks, there is a possibility that it can be cancerous.
- Nosebleeds can occur due to various reasons like natural nose injury, dry air, infection, allergy or nose cancer. In both cases, it is advised to consult a doctor.
- If you have an ulcer or swelling in the mouth for more than a week, then it should be looked at by a doctor.
- Even your voice box can have cancer or thyroid cancer. If your voice is loud, then it might be a symptom of thyroid cancer.
- Swallowing food items or any eateries becomes difficult when there is a chance for cancer in the throat.
- A tumor present in the nose or throat can cause pain or blockage in your ears, which should be looked at by a doctor.
- For Neck & Ears: When there is a lump in the neck, that does not go away after 2 to 3 weeks, or if you notice any changes in the size or appearance of the lump,or if the lump feels painful or tender or the lump appears red or inflamed as well as you experience unintentional weight loss a specialist doctor should look at it. A few lumps can be untreated, few can be treated with medicines while some require further examination. For example in thyroid lump, an ultrasound examination is done to find out if a thyroid lump or nodule is cancerous, a fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy can be done. CT scan or MRI help determine the location and size of thyroid cancers and whether they have spread to nearby areas.If the tumor appears to be resectable (removable), surgery might be required.
- For Nose: Nasal Endoscopy is a diagnostic medical procedure that’s minimally invasive.It includes passing a nasal endoscope into the nose to analyse the nose and throat. The evaluation can arrive at a diagnosis or further esophagoscopy might be suggested.
- For Throat: For suspected malignant growth inside the nose or throat, a tissue test must be sent to affirm the finding. For throat malignancy, Biopsy is done utilizing anaesthesia and an endoscope. With malignant growths somewhere down in the throat, e.g., at the voice box, general anaesthesia along with unique instruments are used.
We at the department of ENT, Global Hospitals Mumbai, provide best in class treatment and care for all ailments of the Ear, Nose, and Throat. Patients can seek consultation from our expert panel of specialists if they have the following symptoms – loss of hearing, frequent Ear infections, Nasal congestions, Nose bleeds, Neck pain, Throat infections and others.
- Acute sinusitis
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chronic sinusitis
We offer a range of surgery and treatments including:
Conditions of the Nose:
- Sinus infection (sinusitis)
- Rhino - sinusitus in children
- Rhino - sinusitis and dairy allergy
- Nasal injuries
- Nasal polyps
- Tumors of the Nose
- Nasal obstructions
- Surgery on the Nose - Rhinoplasty
- Surgery on the Nose - Septal surgery
Conditions of the Head and Neck:
- Submandibular gland surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Facial skin lesions
- Parotid surgery
- Neck dissections
- Head and Neck cancer
Conditions of the Ear:
- Conditions and surgery of the Ear
- Hearing and deafness
- Hearing aids and how to get one
- Tinnitus (ringing in the Ears)
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Infections of the Ear
- Glue Ear
- Perforated Ear drum
- Cholesteatoma / mastoid operations
- Meniere's disease
- Protruding ears / bat Ears / Pinnaplasty
Conditions of the Throat:
- Adenoid surgery
- Tonsil surgery
- Sore throat
- Bad breath (halitosis)
- Hoarseness and laryngitis
- Snoring and obstructive sleep apneoa
Global Hospitals has one of the best team of ENT specialists in Mumbai to deliver the best treatment and care for ENT problems. Access to a team of highly experienced and some of the best ENT doctors in Mumbai ensures that our patients have access to only the best medical minds, who are ably supported by a world-class team of nurses & paramedical staff. We are one of the best hospitals for ENT treatment in Mumbai. We have the latest equipment for the treatment of diseases. Our success rate, combined with the expertise of some of the best ENT doctors in Mumbai, enables the patients to trust us, and their support has made us one of the most preferred choices!
Dr Prarthana Jagtap
MBBS, MS (Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck surgery)
Dr Milind Navalakhe
MBBS, MS, DLO
Dr Khan Maqsood Ali
MBBS, MS (Otorhinolaryngology), DORL
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.