- Why choose us?
- Our Doctors
- Out-Patient Services
Department of Internal Medicine & General Medicine
The department of General Medicine deal with the prevention, diagnosis, and non-surgical treatment for all types of diseases. This is the first check-up, which will be a physical examination done to the patients when they come to the hospital. A general physician will do the necessary tests and then recommends all the treatments. The results of these tests, examination, and diagnosis is then correlated to the final diagnosis. The general physician then gives the necessary treatment or sends you to a specialty doctor for further treatment.
The department of internal medicine at Global Hospitals, Mumbai, is one of the best hospitals for general medicine in Mumbai, which provides excellent treatment and is a one-stop solution. Adding to this, we have some of the best general medicine doctors in Mumbai, modern specialists, and 24-hour pharmacy, which makes it an all-round solution that the patients are looking for.
We act as a support system to all the other departments, including the ICU, through 24/7 services. We provide round‐the‐clock inpatient care with experienced faculty such as
- 24/7 pre-operative assessments for all significant surgeries
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment, nutrition care, and advice
- Preventive health check-up programs
- Palliative care & rehabilitation services
- Systematic management of lifestyle diseases such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and epidemic illnesses like dengue, H1N1, etc.
Why choose us for healthcare services?
Patients choose us for their treatment because we are one of the best hospitals for general medicine in Mumbai. You will experience the best care and treatment here. All our technological advancements are solely dedicated to general medicine and for the betterment of our patients. We have some of the best general medicine doctors in Mumbai. It is the combined effort of training and patient care that makes our internal medicine department, class-apart, and that is why we are known as the one amongst the best internal medicine hospitals in Mumbai. We will help you in going through all the options and assist you in making healthy and fully informed decisions.
Being among some of the best hospitals for general medicine in Mumbai, we provide you with all the medical assistance for the best treatment for you. We make sure that you never have any doubts about the medication we provide. We have the most experienced doctors and specialists to give you expert advice when you have any confusion regarding any matter. We have grown continuously and evolved to meet better the needs of the families we serve. Our department’s advantage is that, that we not only provide care and treatment but also promote preventive care by educating them about periodic comprehensive health check-ups.
Diagnosis & Medical Services
The internal medicine department of our hospital provides class apart medical services to our patients. We have some of the best doctors for general medicine in Mumbai, who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of diseases. We are one of the best hospitals for internal medicine in Mumbai and provide a full scope of wellness care. The general medicine department of our hospital, which has a specialized team of doctors, specialists, and nurses, will get to you immediately and give you the best care and treatment which you need. Being one of the best hospitals for general medicine in Mumbai, we never take any health condition lightly.
Few of the conditions which are diagnosed in our hospital are Asthma, Acute respiratory infections, Bronchitis, Chest pain, Diabetes, Fatigue, High blood cholesterol, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Influenza, Menopause, Migraine, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Pneumonia, etc. and to diagnose them, there are a few medical tests which needs to be followed. They are:
- Allergy Skin Tests: This test helps in observing for signs of an allergic reaction after it is exposed to suspected allergy-causing substances called allergens.
- Blood Pressure Test: This test is done to measure the pressure of arteries as the heart pumps the blood. This can be tested regularly or as a screening for hypertension.
- C-Reactive Protein Test: This test is done to check the level of C-reactive protein as it increases when there’s an inflammation in the body. This is also done to evaluate coronary artery disease or narrowing of the arteries of the heart that can lead to a heart attack.
- Cytochrome P450 Tests: This test is done to determine how the body processes a drug.
- Hematocrit: It refers to the proportion of the total blood volume that is composed of RBC. This is done by a hematocrit test that indicates whether one has too few or too many RBC cells- disorders resulting due to certain diseases.
The medical treatments which we diagnosis and treat in our hospital are as follows
- Acute respiratory infection: This involves the upper respiratory or lower respiratory tract, which causes these infections. All the symptoms depend on the system, which is affected. We are amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of respiratory disorders in Mumbai.
- Asthma: Being one of the best hospitals for the treatment for asthma in Mumbai, we provide all the necessary treatment for it. In people with asthma, the airways are inflamed and are sensitive to allergens or infections. When an asthma attack occurs, the airways get narrower and fewer air flows to the lungs, which causes symptoms like wheezing, chest tightness, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
- Chest pain: Severe, sudden chest pain- especially when it comes along a severe pain in the left arm, along with sweating and severe breathlessness, requires immediate medical attention as it may be a heart attack. Other causes of chest pain may be pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, gastritis, etc.
- Diabetes: This is a disease that is marked by high blood sugar levels. The blood sugar levels are monitored by a hormone called insulin. Diabetes occurs when there is resistance to insulin, too little insulin, or both. The treatment depends on the type of diabetes, which can be injecting insulin, drugs to increase the production of insulin, make insulin more effective or slow absorption of glucose. Being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of type II diabetes in Mumbai, we also recommend some lifestyle like dietary changes, weight loss, etc.
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides: These two are lipid disorders in the blood, which carries the excess fatty acids. These lipid disorders increase the chances of heart attack and strokes. Treatment for this involves low-fat diet, exercise, and weight loss. Being among the best hospital for the treatment of high cholesterol in Mumbai, the medication may also be prescribed to reduce LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
- Hypertension: This can be defined as systolic blood pressure, which is over 140hg and diastolic blood pressure, which is below 90hg. This does not have any symptoms, but it is necessary to treat; if not, it can lead to heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, etc.
- Hypothyroidism: Being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of hypothyroidism in Mumbai, we give out the best medications for it. This is an underactive gland. This gland regulates the body’s energy through thyroid hormones called T3 and T4. And when these glands do not produce enough of these hormones, the body’s metabolism slows down. This can lead to weight gain, forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. this can be treated through medications.
- Influenza: This is a contagious disease that is caused by a virus. This can lead to a sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, fever, headache, dry cough, tiredness, etc. Complications of this flu can be severe, like pneumonia, dehydration, and worsening of the chronic medical conditions. The treatment of this flu is to get vaccinated during the fall. We are among the best hospitals for the treatment of influenza in Mumbai, where one can get checked-up and vaccinated.
- Migraine: It causes a severe and disabling headache. Sometimes migraine gives an alarming sign such as flashes of light or blind spot. In addition to intense pain, migraines are also known to cause vomiting, extreme sensitivity to light and sound, and nausea. There is no treatment for migraines as such, but the severity and frequency can be reduced with medication.
- Pneumonia: It is caused due to inflammation of the lungs by infection of bacteria, viruses, or other organisms. Pneumonia is most likely to occur when upper respiratory infections or influenza weaken a person’s defenses. Symptoms for pneumonia are fever, cough, chills, chest pain, shortness of breath, and shallow breathing. Pneumococcal vaccine prevents the most common type of pneumonia, which is recommended for the people who are aged 65 and above who are most vulnerable to pneumonia. We, being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of pneumonia in Mumbai, provide these vaccines, which will help you in the process of treatment.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a joint disease that affects the cartilage, a shock-absorbing tissue that is found at the end of the joint. In this disease, some of the bones are broken or worn away, which allows the bone to rub together. This results in swelling, pain, and loss of motion. The treatment of this is exercise, weight loss, rest, and medication for pain and inflammation. We will provide all the medicines and treatments for this disease.
- Osteoporosis: This disease causes loss of bone density and thinning of bone tissue, which causes fragile bones and an increased risk of fracture. This is more common in women, and it also increases after menopause when the oestrogen levels drop. This disease usually does not have any symptoms, but it can be detected with a bone mineral density test called dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA). And it can be treated with drugs.
Our Doctors – Doctors/Surgeons/Specialists
The Department of General Medicine at Global Hospital, Mumbai has the best set of doctors, surgeons, and specialists who specialize in paediatrics. We have some of the best general medicine doctors in Mumbai to give expert medical advice, which you require. They are well-trained and have an excellent knowledge of their work and specialization. They excel in their fields and treat their patients with the utmost care. We are one of the best hospitals for general medicine in Mumbai and make sure that our patients have a satisfactory journey of treatment here. We can assure you that your ward will be in great hands and will have a very comfortable journey to recovery. It is our sole responsibility to give the best that we can. Being one of the best internal medicine hospitals in Mumbai, we provide you with expert opinion for every little health problem which you are going through.
Dr Manjusha Agarwal
Dr Raj Kishore Agarwal
MBBS, MD, DNB, FCPS
Dr Kiran Jain
Dr Baburaj Hegde
Dr Adwait Patil
Dr Sureshkumar Jain
Dr Chethana Rao
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.