Department of Spine and Pain Management
Pain is the leading symptom for which patients visit the doctor. Pain Management is the practice of managing, preventing, treating, and diagnosing all pain-related disorders & conditions. Chronic pain (pain lasting more than 3 months) is now classified as a disease by WHO, and it should be treated before it becomes irreversible. Spine and Pain Medicine specialists helps patient to manage their pain and improve quality of life. The Department of Spine and Pain Management offers both curative as well as palliative pain management services.
Why Choose Us?
The Department of Spine and Pain Management at Global Hospitals is one of the most advanced and world class facility. It employs advanced diagnostic methods to assess the severity and/or cause of a condition, and our pain specialist then relieve the pain with non-surgical pain management techniques. The Pain medicine practice also promotes disease prevention methods and provides education and awareness for pain. Pain medicine specialists employ a multi-disciplinary approach to provide a holistic and comprehensive management of diseases.
Spine and Pain Management OPD caters to a wide range of aches & pains. The patients with any kind of chronic pain symptoms can seek consultation from our spine and Pain medicine specialists. Pain can be sharp, shooting, aching, burning, with tingling or numbness etc.
Often the symptoms evidenced for common diseases and disorders could be linked to more serious health conditions as well. Consulting a specialist at the earliest helps reduce the risk of more serious diseases while ensuring that the treatment can be more effective. In many cases early pain management treatment can avoid major surgeries.
Diseases Treated at Spine and Pain management clinic:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Upper and lower limbs pain
- Disc herniation or slipped disc
- Facet pain syndrome
- Post spine surgery pain syndromes
- Radiculopathy – Lumbar / cervical
- Sacroiliac pain syndromes
- Spinal pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Joint pains
- Headaches – Migraine and other types
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Abdominal pain
- Complex regional pain syndromes
- Myofascial pain syndromes
- Cancer or cancer treatment-related pain
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Sports medicine
- Work injury
- Post-operative pain
How we treat
The spine and pain management specialists offers most advanced and minimally invasive pain management and spine treatments for the patients suffering from chronic pain. Few pain management techniques are –
- Epidural injections
- Radiofrequency ablation of painful nerves – e.g Trigeminal and facet joint pain
- Stitch less endoscopic decompression for spine pain and disc disease
- Sympathetic blocks for Cancer pain
- Neuromodulation – Spinal cord stimulation and Intrathecal drug delivery system (ITDDS)
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- COOLED RF ablation for joint pain – SI joint, Knee and shoulder
- Infusion of pain medications
- Opioid management
And many more
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.