Welcome to the Department of Cancer Care, Global Hospital Mumbai
From managing recurrence to early diagnosis, every step is crucial in treating cancer. Our team of some of the best oncologists in Mumbai, counsellors, paramedical experts, and support physical, psychological, and behavioural approaches for maximum recovery. Comfortable healthcare and possibly fast recovery are how every family has benefited from us. We are one of the few integrated cancer care hospitals equipped with top-notch medical techniques, providing individual-specific psycho-oncological session and reduced visiting and waiting time for patients. We also provide comorbidity management, diet, nutrition, rehabilitation, pain and palliative care. We also have dedicated chemotherapy and oncology treatment wards, exclusively for patients with differing malignancies. We have some of the best doctors for cancer treatment in Mumbai and other international regions, to help you in your fight against cancer.
Why Choose Global Hospitals for treatment of cancer?
Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for Cancer Treatment in Mumbai. Not only do we have access to the best cancer care, but we also have one of the best team of doctors for cancer treatment in Mumbai. Our oncology team comprises of some of the best oncologists in Mumbai. The trust imbibed in us by our patients proudly makes us amongst the best cancer hospitals in Mumbai. The following qualities highlight why every patient should choose us for their treatment
- Diagnostic Capabilities
- Personalized treatment
- Post-recovery care
- Patient first approach
- Multidisciplinary team
- Patient success stories
The quality of cancer diagnosis methods plays a significant role in the early detection and evaluation of each case. We maintain the highest standards by applying technologically superior diagnostic services and automated processes which improve the speed and efficiency of results.
Our diagnostic labs are equipped with skilled clinicians and top equipment, including the latest scanning machines. The diagnostic services at Gleneagles Global Cancer Center include pathology, biopsy, radiology, nuclear medicine, endoscopy, and colposcopy.
Our clinicians work alongside a multi-modality team to ensure that each patient experiences the best care possible. Our gold standard diagnostic facilities first test for the presence of the disease, and thorough follow up tests determine the type of cancer, location of the tumor, the stage, and the spread of these cells as cancer manifests differently in each individual.
- Radiology: Radiology employs high-energy radiation like X-rays to diagnose and treat types of cancer. We offer a variety of screening and diagnostic radiology tests to facilitate the early detection and correct treatment of cancer. Our exceptional radiology department uses advanced scanners along with sophisticated.
- Pathology: Pathology concentrates on the diagnosis of diseases, their causes, origins, and nature. Our pathology lab is constantly upgraded to ensure that it contains the updated tools that are managed by highly qualified technicians. Our team has expertise in various areas, including hematopathology, dermatopathology, genitourinary, soft tissue tumor, gastrointestinal, liver, breast, and oncologic pathology. Thus, this helps us ensure high rates of accuracy in our test results.
- Biopsy: A biopsy is one of the most effective methods of a cancer diagnosis and regularly recommend when there are suspicions of cancer. Biopsies performed by us are typically pain-free and pose little to no risk. The biopsy is performed by us using imaging techniques like ultrasound, MRI, and CT scans. Depending on the type of biopsy and the location of the surgery, anaesthesia may also be used.
- Endoscopy: An endoscopy is one of the most valuable diagnostic tools for early detection of cancer. Our diagnostic endoscopy is performed by experienced gastroenterologists with other specialists, including gastrointestinal, medical, and radiation oncologists. We strongly emphasize endoscopy as it greatly improves patient outcomes and also increases the patient's quality of life.
- Colposcopy: A colposcopy is a simple non-surgical procedure used to examine the presence of cervical or vulvar cancer. Colposcopy is most valuable in the prevention of cancer as it also helps to detect precancerous lesions. Our gynaecological oncology team uses colposcopies to investigate any abnormalities. Tests are conducted using a multidisciplinary approach, with gynaecological oncologists collaborating closely with other specialists.
Different types of Cancers treated:
Our dedicated oncology team works towards treating cancer to the best of their efficiencies. We have the best surgeons from all over the country who treat all kinds of cancer. Our oncologists are highly skilled and perform the surgery with great expertise. Not only do they just perform the surgery, but they also help and guide the patient through the whole process from the beginning to the end. The different types of cancers treated at Global Hospitals, Mumbai include:
- Breast cancer
- Oral cancer
- Thyroid tumour
- Lung cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Peritoneal malignancy
Different types of cancer surgeries performed:
- Oncoplasty: Dissection of the cancerous cells of the breast, resulting in a natural shape.
- Radical Mastectomy: Removal of the breast cells, areola, and nipple.
- Complex Oral Resection and Microvascular Reconstruction: Removing the skin from one part of the body to place it commonly in the head and neck.
- Laparoscopy: Examining the innermost organs of the body accurately.
- Thyroidectomy: Removal of all or a few parts of the thyroid gland. This also includes Thyroidectomy without Central Neck Dissection.
- VATS Lobectomy: A minimally invasive surgical technique of the lungs. (Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery)
- Combined Thoracoscopic and Laparoscopic Oesophagostomy: Treatment for poor lung function, with less blood loss and shorter hospital stay.
- Laparoscopic Gastrectomy: Making a large incision in the stomach (open) or as smaller severe cuts (laparoscopic).
- LAR surgery: Incision made in the lower abdomen, commonly for rectum cancers. (Low Anterior Resection Surgery).
- APR surgery: Removal of the anus. (abdominoperineal resection)
- Pelvic exenteration: Removal of all the pelvic parts of the body. Also termed ‘pelvic evisceration.’
- Whipple surgery: Called as ‘pancreaticoduodenectomy’, a surgical procedure for removing the head of the pancreas.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy: Incision through the belly button, for removing the uterus.
- Laparoscopic caging laparotomy: Know as ‘celiotomy’, the primary large incision made through the abdominal cavity for further surgery.
- Cytoreductive surgery: Surgery to reduce the number of tumor cells.
- CRS + HIPEC: A challenging operation of cytoreductive surgery (CRS) with intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for rare cancer forms.
- Bone marrow transplant: Transplanting blood cells with the affected bone marrow.
- IMRT: Intensity-modulated radiation therapy is advanced radiation therapy, useful even for noncancerous diseases.
- IGRT: The method to improve treatment precision during radiation therapy. (Image-guided radiation therapy)
- Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection: Draining the affected parts of the breast.
The Department of Oncology at Global Hospitals, Mumbai has one of the best team of cancer specialists, cancer doctors & cancer surgeons to deliver best treatment for different types of cancers like breast cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, oral cancer, uterine cancer, cervical cancer, blood cancer, thyroid cancer, brain tumour, etc. You will have access to a team of some of the best doctors for the treatment of different types of cancer. Our cancer specialist, cancer doctors, cancer surgeons, oncologists are highly experienced and well-trained surgeons and consultants. We also ensure that our patients receive a total program of care from all other allied specialists who work together in your journey to recovery.
Dr Prashant V Pawar
MBBS, DORL, FCPS ENT, MS(ENT), Fellowship in Endoscopic Thyroid Surgery, Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncosurgery, Fellowship in Skull Base Surgery
Dr Akshay Shah
MBBS, DNB (Gen.Medicine), DNB (Medical Oncology & Hematology)
Senior Consultant Medical Oncology
Dr Sanket Shah
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Surgical Oncology)
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.